Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Laptop Rec

Type
    INTJ
    Dell refurbished 7250 latitude are now 50% off (code is on the site). I just bought one myself Grade A (like new). Can't go wrong at $250 for grade A after tax and with shipping.
    I5 CPU 256Gig SSD - display is only 1366x768
    Sabor original

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Dell refurbished 7250 latitude are now 50% off (code is on the site). I just bought one myself Grade A (like new). Can't go wrong at $250 for grade A after tax and with shipping.
    I5 CPU 256Gig SSD - display is only 1366x768
    What kind of internal markings would be left on those refurbs? I don't want to turn it on and immediately a light goes on with the FBI cuz the last guy who had it was into kiddie p0rn or trying to sell Stinger missiles to Hezbollah.

Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan26 View Post
    What kind of internal markings would be left on those refurbs? I don't want to turn it on and immediately a light goes on with the FBI cuz the last guy who had it was into kiddie p0rn or trying to sell Stinger missiles to Hezbollah.
    Funnily enough, I've written disposition policies for some very large orgs and I can tell you that in this case, it's sector wiped. It used to be triple wiped, with failures being degaussed, but now it's a single flip of every bit on the hard drive with failures being physically broken and bathed in acid.

You seem to think it's formatting, or not. That's probably retail, places like best buy causing that impression.

Grade B is light scuffs, grade A is like new. It's likely that it was sub grade B and the guts were put into a new case/bezels, it's "like new".
    Sabor original

Type
    INTP
    My old refurbished Dell latitude from over a decade ago still runs well.
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"

Type
    INTJ
    I actually put my money where my mouth is and bout a Latitude 7250 grade A refurb for $240 inc shipping.
    It came yesterday and as I though it's like a brand new laptop, not a mark on it, most likely an old laptop placed into a new case.
    Came with a fresh install of Win7 Professional, perfect. I'm typing this on it now. It boots up nice and fast and I put some work tools on it (e.g. wireless heat mapper) works like a charm. Battery doesn't last as long as my high end Latitude, but I figured that would be so. Still, can't complain at the price it was for a third, lower spec laptop.
    Sabor original