Thread: Post your recent dreams, nightmares, etc.

INFj-Ne (EII) / 9w1 sourpatchkid!'s Avatar
    Type
    INFP

Post your recent dreams, nightmares, etc.

i am trying to learn to lucid dream again (at which i've been unsuccessful for over ten years, despite my best efforts) and part of that involves getting very skilled at dream recall. at least as far as that goes, i have seen a marked improvement in my ability to remember my dreams. for example, conventional wisdom says that it's not possible to remember dream content after the first few minutes of waking, but i have been able to recall my dreams many hours after the fact without even trying.

anyway, i figure why not make a forum-wide, open dream-journal in order to entertain each other with our recent dreams, nightmares, daydreams, etc.

not sure how many days ago this was, but the last dream content i can remember involved me getting locked out of my car in some shopping center parking lot.
    Last edited by sourpatchkid!; 09-07-2019 at 09:35 AM.
    It's a new art form
    showing people how little
    we care

Type
    INTP
    I've been having vivid dreams all week... The most disturbing one was Ozzy Osbourne pimping me out.
    When tyranny becomes law
    Rebellion becomes duty.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    I've been having vivid dreams all week... The most disturbing one was Ozzy Osbourne pimping me out.
    Procuring? Or like, a bling heavy make-over?
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Procuring? Or like, a bling heavy make-over?
    Procuring.
    When tyranny becomes law
    Rebellion becomes duty.

Type
    INTP
    I find that a lot of my dreams are connected with stuff I did during the day, especially if it's something right before bed. The other day, for example, I was randomly watching some lecture of Richard Feynman before bed, and I speak Mandarin on a daily basis... so Richard Feynman actually appeared in part of my dream, but he was speaking Chinese in what I think was a classroom in my university's CS department, and he was talking about linguistics instead of physics. lol When I can actually remember some of my dreams, I notice that the languages people speak sometimes get mixed up like that, usually between English, Chinese and Japanese, and it's so weird. It's frustrating that I never realize how strange things are while I'm dreaming, but as soon as I wake up, I'm just like, "da fuq was all that?" and "how did I not realize that was a dream?!" XD

I did have one particularly interesting dream several years ago that I still remember 'cause it was so weird and I actually wrote it down. Basically, I woke up under some kind of giant mushroom thingy with moving gills in the middle of a forest that was full of them. I then went searching for other people and found my family among a bunch of rubble of what used to be the neighborhood I grew up in. Apparently, I had died like 10 years ago or something (or at least that's what they told me) and the apocalypse happened right after that. It later turns out that the mushroom thing was actually at the place where I had been buried and I was a clone that the mushroom thing created from my DNA/remains. It later turned out that there were more clones of me from the same mushroom thingy, and one of them had actually turned evil and was leading his own gang of pillagers. He ended up attacking my family and the group of people we were with, and we ended up killing him in defense. Anyways, I later met some girl in the ruins of a hospital who was also a clone of her dead self, and she was trying to figure out what those mushrooms things were and where they came from, what was "the apocalypse" that supposedly happened but no one talks about, etc. She gave me a walkie-talkie to stay in contact with her in case anything came up and I left on my own, and yeah... At some point in the middle of all that craziness, I woke up and I was so freaked out by that dream that I immediately wrote it down thinking it might make a good story one day XD
    The Brain—is wider than the Sky—
    For—put them side by side—
    The one the other will contain
    With ease—and You—beside—
    The Brain is deeper than the sea—
    For—hold them—Blue to Blue—
    The one the other will absorb—
    As Sponges—Buckets—do—
    The Brain is just the weight of God—
    For—Heft them—Pound for Pound—
    And they will differ—if they do—
    As Syllable from Sound

—Emily Dickinson

INFj-Ne (EII) / 9w1 sourpatchkid!'s Avatar
    Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    that may be a nightmare to you, but for some of us that would be a dream come true.
    It's a new art form
    showing people how little
    we care

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by sourpatchkid! View Post
    that may be a nightmare to you, but for some of us that would be a dream come true.
    It was rather sordid, and not how I would like to think of one of my all time heros, lol.

I didn't get to sleep with Ozzy.
    When tyranny becomes law
    Rebellion becomes duty.

Type
    INTP
    Had a weird dream (again) that me & some family were visiting family friends in Ireland.. The lady whose place we were visiting had a really lovely, modern & expensive house with "modern" farm land that overlooked a lovely lake & mountains.. she had all sorts of animals, ranging from dogs to cool exotic ones...

Things got exceptionally weird when it became apparent I was having some sort of lesbian/bi affair with her... And her man.

Lol.

What the fuck is going on in my head.

My post pregnancy insomnia seems to have gone.. now I could easily sleep for 18 hours.
    When tyranny becomes law
    Rebellion becomes duty.