Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How much would you spend?

Type
    INTP
    Concerts really don't do anything for me -- it just sounds like sweaty, heavy-breathing rendition of your favorite songs in worse quality. Also, I'm never really quite sure what I'm supposed to be doing with my hands.

The answer is $0 dollars.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    I'd pay $40 to see Tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    I am under marital obligation to go to a Tool concert. The interest has been renewed with the latest album being issued. I'm crossing my fingers that we are shut out, financially if not geographically.
    One of my favorite groups from the 00's was Acroma. Ever (your hubby) hear of them? They had one of Tool's producers and you can kinda hear it in some songs. I thought they were a little more accessible than Tool and couldn't figure out why they didn't break out. Well, I know there's 10,000 reasons why a group won't blow up but for me at the time I was surprised they didn't grab a bigger following. Although, now that I look back at it they're kinda anachronistic. They would be easier to sell in '93 w/Soundgarden & STP or built after 10,000 Days came out and tore up by having more radio friendly songs and more gentle sound w/out being morose for women. But they might've been a bit too mature for college radio and the industry starting it's collapsing from NAPSTER et al., what label would sink a ton of money into them? I do wonder why they never made a second album? I wonder if Universal gave up on them or if they just decided to call it a day?? It's a shame, I would've loved to have heard it.

Last edited by Spartan26; 10-05-2019 at 11:37 PM.

Type
    INTP
    They'd have to come back from the dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Concerts really don't do anything for me -- it just sounds like sweaty, heavy-breathing rendition of your favorite songs in worse quality. Also, I'm never really quite sure what I'm supposed to be doing with my hands.

The answer is $0 dollars.
    Then the artists you're following just aren't good enough.

I'd go as far as to commit a serious crime if it meant I got to see a special, or like the very last, Evanescence concert
    All truth passes through three stages:

First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    If only I hadn't been into punk rock. Oh well. I'm sure the years as a firefighter didn't help. I got to hang out with Marky Ramone once when he was playing for the misfits. Never meet your heroes.
    Ok, you definitely need to give us some details now.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Grape Johnson View Post
    I think I paid like 40 for Incubus, and went to All that Remains and Devil Wears Prada for free, but I bought a 10 dollar t shirt.

Id paid like 250 for a legit rave event.

Then again, I am trying to become a DJ.

made me think of this guy.

Season 3 fucking sucks.
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"

Type
    INTP
    It's kind of interesting that when us old farts were young, concerts weren't that expensive because record sales were still a thing. So bands toured primarily to promote record sales.

Now that the internet has cut so deeply into record sales, I guess bands tour mainly for profit, so concert prices have gone through the roof. At least this applies to established bands (and the old has beens that don't release any new music anyway). I guess the unknowns work the bar/small venue scene to build a following same as always. Probably the best way to see a band in any event.

Type
    istj
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Also, I'm never really quite sure what I'm supposed to be doing with my hands.
    You're supposed to be holding your phone up while recording video the entire time

Type
    INXj
    Going to big concerts has never fascinated me. I hate crowds.

I’d probably be okay spending $50 going to a REO Speedwagon or Styx concert at an auditorium. But they always do it on a Friday night when almost everyone goes out so fuck that.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
    I’d probably be okay spending $50 going to a REO Speedwagon or Styx concert at an auditorium. But they always do it on a Friday night when almost everyone goes out so fuck that.
    I was thinking didn't they tour together not too long ago? Either or both I believe played with Def Leppard and Tesla, too. Then I did quick search and found this gem.

REO Speedwagon had a free concert here downtown about 6 weeks ago. You had to sign up for tix in advance but it was still all free. Like some "free tix" where you have to pay a service fee. Not this one. I had done so but usually when I go to events like that downtown I'll take the subway in so I don't have to deal with traffic but they were doing some construction on the line and in my head I was thinking it was going to be a bit of a hassle and so then I opted not to go. I do kinda regret not going cuz I never saw them back in the day. I think they're coming back within the next 6 mos but I'll be a bit too pissed to pay to see them having missed out on the chance to see them for free. I'm still trying to figure out why I didn't see them back in their prime?? Certain tours I was too young/couldn't get tickets but I'm pretty sure they came though my junior year of hs so unless I was out of town it makes little sense why I didn't see if any of my friends were going and tried to get tickets.