Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Think of a horse

Type
    INTP
    I pictured a horse from Mount and Blade: Warband; a fine heavy Calradian warhorse, suitable for gearing up in full barding like a tank and running down peasants with a steel lance.

Type
    eNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    Aside 2: I just realized I can visualize better with my eyes open than with them closed. Now wondering if that is typical.
    Random speculation: it's probably typical of most artists. Writing, painting, drawing, sculpting, composing, or fabricating all tend to involve keeping your eyes open and on your work as you attempt to represent what you envision. Sight isn't as necessary for writing or playing music, but nonetheless it comes in pretty goddamn handy--especially if you want to perform to your best ability.

Obviously blind artists and artisans exist, but they'd probably be better and/or faster if they could see. I can accept the hypothesis there is some artistic expression that would come best and most true from a blind creator, something where their lack of sight allows for a unique perspective, but I also suspect much would be lost in translation for the sighted for the same reasons a sighted person couldn't make this hypothetical piece. I base this on the reputed difference in difficulty in learning tactile Braille between the sighted and the blind.
    "Just because it's 2020 doesn't mean everyone has perfect vision."--catchphrase of a fictional comedian in some movie

Type
    INTP
    Looked a lot like 6 but a lateral view and eating flowers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    iNtP
    washington... this sometimes changes withought planning...
    i pictured a horse with a black and white jigsaw pattern, white socks, a white tail, and a braided black mane... it was sort of like six, but it had no particular background that i can recall afterwords... i think it was just the horse in a void...
    "The vanity of intelligence is that the intelligent man is often more committed to 'one-upping' his opponent than being truthful. When the idea of intelligence, rather than intelligence itself, becomes a staple, there is no wisdom in it."
    Criss Jami

"When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion."
    "Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving."
    Dale Carnegie

Type
    eNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Obfuscate View Post
    i pictured a horse with a black and white jigsaw pattern, white socks, a white tail, and a braided black mane... it was sort of like six, but it had no particular background that i can recall afterwords... i think it was just the horse in a void...
    That's a very interesting horse. I'm not sure you can have a mismatch between mane and tail colour. @skip, if you're lurking, your knowledge is needed.
    "Just because it's 2020 doesn't mean everyone has perfect vision."--catchphrase of a fictional comedian in some movie

Type
    INTJ
    My horse has the KIBRA gene.
    I'm the best mayne. I did it.

Type
    isfp
    At least you have a horse

JohnClay and me cant even see shit

I wanted to answer Heph's post but I just can't even put into words that it's like a big ass empty theatre in my head and all I do is sense the essence of Spongebob for example. No yellow no holes no square pants that I can see but I know it's there

My mom, I think, is full of shit. Cuz I asked her to imagine a horse and she fired some stuff off. I didn't show her the image to pick her quality all I did was ask her if she actually saw it-- she said yes. Then I said "if you see it then how come you don't paint purely original art?" (Her paintings aren't ever done without a reference) and she pretty much told me to fuck off. Long story short I think she has low visualization and I've inherited it, but if that's not true, I'm still blaming her because she had me when she was 40 and although I don't have downs syndrome, my brain was probably affected by the stale conditions in her womb or something. I'm mostly joking, and would never say that to her

Type
    isfp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    I imagined Bojack Horseman, and once I did, that's all I could imagine, until I remembered Mr. Ed existed. When I was imagining Bojack, it was a 6 because cartoon. At Ed it was more 4 or 5, but in black and white.

Aside: While imagining them, I could also hear their theme songs.

Aside 2: I just realized I can visualize better with my eyes open than with them closed. Now wondering if that is typical.
    Wait a minute. If I asked you to imagine Gilbert Gottfried or Jay Leno or someone else with a distinctive voice saying something, does it sound like them or does it sound like you trying to sound like them? Or somethin else

Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by rokki balbotox View Post
    At least you have a horse

JohnClay and me cant even see shit

I wanted to answer Heph's post but I just can't even put into words that it's like a big ass empty theatre in my head and all I do is sense the essence of Spongebob for example. No yellow no holes no square pants that I can see but I know it's there

My mom, I think, is full of shit. Cuz I asked her to imagine a horse and she fired some stuff off. I didn't show her the image to pick her quality all I did was ask her if she actually saw it-- she said yes. Then I said "if you see it then how come you don't paint purely original art?" (Her paintings aren't ever done without a reference) and she pretty much told me to fuck off. Long story short I think she has low visualization and I've inherited it, but if that's not true, I'm still blaming her because she had me when she was 40 and although I don't have downs syndrome, my brain was probably affected by the stale conditions in her womb or something. I'm mostly joking, and would never say that to her

I think the eggs do get a bit manky after 300 months or so. The Fallopians aren't sending their best!
    I'm the best mayne. I did it.

Type
    INXj
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    My horse was vivid and higher definition, steaming in the morning sun and in motion with an ambient light that was neither too dark, nor too bright.
    The horse was brown, his slave name was evignus.
    This. Mine’s possibly 8 - Claredon. I imagine things in bright colors, even black and white it’s full contrast.

The horse I have in my head was light brown and had thick ivory mane. Is there a breed that looks like that? Hm.

Edit: k, I googled it. The breed is Palomino.