Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Think of a horse

chaotic neutral shitpost jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Random speculation: it's probably typical of most artists. Writing, painting, drawing, sculpting, composing, or fabricating all tend to involve keeping your eyes open and on your work as you attempt to represent what you envision.
    this is interesting... i don't really "see" anything when i think of a horse with my eyes closed, but i can clearly hold in mind the concept of a horse and in what style and vividly imagine bringing that representation of a horse to life in a 2d form.

all you can ever imagine in your head is a representation, anyway. i don't understand what it means to just SEE a horse in your mind.

i used to have this crazy ability to envision 3d forms in my mind and rotate them when i was around 9 years old, but when i developed more advanced artistic skills i lost that ability. i've always thought of that as no longer "needing" that mental visualization ability when you have the skills and tools to create with more control in real life. everything starts off as a concept, a cloud, that becomes a few quick gestures on paper and then more refined as you work on it. i'm sure there are visual artists who have that advanced visualization ability in their heads, but i've known a lot and personally i haven't noticed that being a "thing" that exists to help or motivate the process.

the more i think about this the more confused i get though (lol) cuz i consider myself to have good - above average visual-spatial intelligence, yet i'm disinclined to visualize things in detail, i don't have a good memory for faces and i'm notoriously bad with directions. once something's "on paper" literally or figuratively, preferably in a visual form, i'm good.
    Last edited by jigglypuff; 10-14-2019 at 07:25 PM.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by rokki balbotox View Post
    At least you have a horse

JohnClay and me cant even see shit
    I remember posting about something similar before so sorry for the redundancy to anyone who remembers:

Visualization is like a muscle, you can improve it! I'm having trouble finding it online, but I once read that Carl Jung suggested that one way to improve your ability to visualize is to spend a few minutes every day imagining the letter A as powerfully as you possibly could. As time goes on your ability to notice the edges of the letter should improve and perhaps you'll eventually be able to think in different fonts.

I think my ability to visualize things has dramatically improved from where it was 10 years ago and yes I think it 100% has had to do with what I do. I've always been a big daydreamer, but I didn't realize how low resolution my imagination actually was until I was forced to make it into a physical reality. Over time my ability to imagine details about space has completely exploded, and now even my dreams are as vivid as just looking around awake with my eyes open (that wasn't the case 10 years ago).

So there is hope!

Type
    iNtP
    washington... this sometimes changes withought planning...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    That's a very interesting horse. I'm not sure you can have a mismatch between mane and tail colour. @skip, if you're lurking, your knowledge is needed.
    https://www.horseforum.com/horse-col.../topics/795231
    "The vanity of intelligence is that the intelligent man is often more committed to 'one-upping' his opponent than being truthful. When the idea of intelligence, rather than intelligence itself, becomes a staple, there is no wisdom in it."
    Criss Jami

"When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion."
    "Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving."
    Dale Carnegie

Type
    INTJ
    Now, can everyone start describing their horse's genitals.
    I'm the best mayne. I did it.

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    A .50-caliber machine gun with a report that performs a continuous Hava Nagila.

Type
    INTP
    Big.
    All truth passes through three stages:

First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    Big.
    Any thoughts on why your horse has a big vagina?
    I'm the best mayne. I did it.

Type
    INTP
    Any thoughts on why your horse has a big vagina?
    It has a big ..... DING DONG.
    All truth passes through three stages:

First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

Type
    ENTP
    f o u r