Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 200

Thread: Women in the Military

  1. #1
    In it to win it 99Problems's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma coast
    Posts
    479

    Women in the Military

    Lets have a discussion about women in various branches and positions in the military. Should they have any role, limited role? Combat? Same requirements as men?

    Recently I was reading about them diluting still further the physical requirements for women to be in the Marines. WTF man? Full disclosure: I had a daughter in the Marines, while I was proud of her for making it through (a physically easier) boot camp I cringed at the thought of any other Marine physically relying on her, she is maybe 125lbs.

    From my discussions I've had with former military members it seems to be a blow to male moral to have women in many formerly male dominated roles.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,114
    Quote Originally Posted by 99Problems View Post
    Lets have a discussion about women in various branches and positions in the military. Should they have any role, limited role? Combat? Same requirements as men?

    Recently I was reading about them diluting still further the physical requirements for women to be in the Marines. WTF man? Full disclosure: I had a daughter in the Marines, while I was proud of her for making it through (a physically easier) boot camp I cringed at the thought of any other Marine physically relying on her, she is maybe 125lbs.
    I believe they should have the same requirements, no limitations.

    Quote Originally Posted by 99Problems View Post
    From my discussions I've had with former military members it seems to be a blow to male moral to have women in many formerly male dominated roles.
    Well duh, isn't this always why men resist gender equality? They should quit being so emotional.

  3. #3
    .: PERSISTENCE IS ALL :. Pan_Sonic_000's Avatar
    Type
    ENxx
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by 99Problems View Post
    Should they have any role, limited role? Combat? Same requirements as men?
    I don't think the requirements should be associated with gender at all. Either a person can do it or they can't.

    What bothers me is that (I suspect) some women join the military as part of a personal / feminist agenda rather a desire to serve the underlying purpose.
    Wild skies
    Full moon and thoughts collide
    We look for answers in those catatonic, bloodshot eyes
    A steady stream of madness
    Rises to a flood...

    ...The clock is ticking for Bad Blood

  4. #4
    Senior Member skip's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Tatooine
    Posts
    1,324
    Whatever it takes to do the job is what it takes to do the job, whether that job is being a soldier, firefighter, police officer, jockey, pro basketball player or theoretical physicist. If you can do it, then do it. If you can't, find something else. Whether you have a vagina or penis is irrelevant.
    Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that a problem.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Makers!*'s Avatar
    Type
    XXXX
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Blackfeet Country
    Posts
    1,499
    No women in the infantry! Men have been biologically selected for war over centuries. It's in our nature to be idiots and kill one another. To justify any other position will result in death. This issue isn't a fucking playground for pushing gender equality. And lowering standards to accommodate women is sickening. If anything raise the standards for men. Kick the fat bodies out. Allow buck seargent so-and-so to smoke the shit out of joe if he forgets to clean his rifle. Don't cap him a twenty five pushups because it will hurt joe's feelings. War isn't a sunday stroll the park. It's not eating ice cream in a country parlor. There are some mean, mean people out there and they want you dead!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Makers!* View Post
    No women in the infantry! Men have been biologically selected for war over centuries. It's in our nature to be idiots and kill one another. To justify any other position will result in death. This issue isn't a fucking playground for gender equality. And lowering standards to accommodate women is sickening. If anything raise the standards for men. Kick the fat bodies out. Allow buck seargent so-and-so to smoke the shit out of joe if he forgets to clean his rifle. Don't cap him a twenty five pushups because it will hurt joe's feelings. War isn't a sunday stroll the park. It's not eating ice cream in a country parlor. There are some mean, mean people out there and they want you dead!
    Please explain the logic of why an equally qualified woman shouldn't be in the infantry.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Makers!*'s Avatar
    Type
    XXXX
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Blackfeet Country
    Posts
    1,499
    Men, biologically selected for war. We big, strong, tough. We fight. We play in Super Bowl... bash eachothers brains out. Women, smell good. mmmmmmm

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,114
    got it. Thanks!

  9. #9
    In it to win it 99Problems's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma coast
    Posts
    479
    Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    Please explain the logic of why an equally qualified woman shouldn't be in the infantry.
    They aren't wired the same in the brain, fact. The aren't built like men, fact. It's bad enough when children lose their fathers from war, they don't need to be losing their mothers, an overall greater loss.

  10. #10
    .: PERSISTENCE IS ALL :. Pan_Sonic_000's Avatar
    Type
    ENxx
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by 99Problems View Post
    They aren't wired the same in the brain, fact. The aren't built like men, fact. It's bad enough when children lose their fathers from war, they don't need to be losing their mothers, an overall greater loss.
    Regardless, there are women who are competent enough to meet the standards set by the military. Should those women nevertheless be excluded simply because they're women?
    Wild skies
    Full moon and thoughts collide
    We look for answers in those catatonic, bloodshot eyes
    A steady stream of madness
    Rises to a flood...

    ...The clock is ticking for Bad Blood

Similar Threads

  1. Eco-friendliness in the military
    By Madrigal in forum News, Culture & History
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-06-2014, 03:48 AM
  2. Women's Undergarments
    By MuseedesBeauxArts in forum Rants, Raves & Hot Air
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 01-24-2014, 10:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •