Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: "Line numbers" finding a number for any 2D line based symbol

Married Mouth-breather JohnClay's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    I certainly welcome taking arabs out of the equation of the alpha-numeric map. Let's do this, let's re-map counting and not have it based on units of ten. You start at 64 and you try to keep up from there or you get left behind and illiterate.
    Several months ago, based on the line numbers from 1 to 5, I thought the base to use should be base 6.... (which you also talked about)
    http://forums.intpcomplex.com/showth...-of-the-matrix

Also, please record yourself singing "Goodnight" by the Beatles. I think you'll find that Ringo Starr sounds a bit John Clay-ish.
    I don't like the song though.... I find it very boring....

You should release an album of skin crawling lullabies to frighten children around the world.
    Well for now there's this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkQKmMsSV1U

Type
    INTP
    I've finished the video for the "5 line number energies":

I think they're way better that the 4 elements...

Type
    INTP
    I was watching a video on YouTube of a guy demonstrating placeit.net... he browsed on the second page and I saw the guy I used in my first video... here is his second video:

Here he reveals his second tattoo.... a Christian cross - like the triangle it is very significant to me... I was planning on making the Christian cross an alternate version for symbol 2 (in addition to the red cross symbol).

Type
    INTJ
    It's all fun and games until Sony sues you.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    It's all fun and games until Sony sues you.
    https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/le...demark-notice/

They have trademarked "Triangle Circle Cross Square" and for their store: "Square Triangle Cross Circle". Officially their symbols have NEVER had anything to do with numbers. Their trademark doesn't seem to cover symbols that are in a different order. Also my symbols have different (more meaningful) colors. BTW on the T-shirt I talk about "controller shapes" rather than using the PlayStation trademark...

Type
    eNTP
    You may find your argument doesn't stand up in court--and even if it would, costs more than you can afford to get it to stand up.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    I worked on it some more - so that it is less "confusingly similar"...

Type
    eNTP
    Problem here is, it's a mess now, and you've lost consistency--not that the star didn't stick out a bit before--I really think a pentagon would work better.

If you switched out 'X' for a vertical cross or a capital 'T' I think you'd get as much distance as throwing messy arrows on everything. Or even an inverted 'T'.

Another fix would fix the problem of your line based number system not having a line for '1'. It has a circle. A circle is not a line. If you replace the circle with a single line, you'd get distance from the Playstation line-up too. If you make '1' a single line, then you get to use the circle for '0', indicating a lack of lines.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Problem here is, it's a mess now, and you've lost consistency--
    I've updated the image:
    https://linenum.com/images/geometric-and-tally.png
    but it keeps on caching.
    I turned the triangle to the side like an arrow and put 5 arrows on the star.

not that the star didn't stick out a bit before--I really think a pentagon would work better.
    The star is very special though - it has the golden ratio in it three times:
    https://www.mathsisfun.com/geometry/pentagram.html
    If I didn't do a star maybe I'd use a stick figure.

If you switched out 'X' for a vertical cross or a capital 'T' I think you'd get as much distance as throwing messy arrows on everything. Or even an inverted 'T'.
    I'm not sure....

Another fix would fix the problem of your line based number system not having a line for '1'. It has a circle. A circle is not a line.
    In my system a line can be curvy - e.g. using two to form a heart symbol. A circle is a curved line that joins onto itself.

If you replace the circle with a single line, you'd get distance from the Playstation line-up too. If you make '1' a single line, then you get to use the circle for '0', indicating a lack of lines.
    If I had to make a symbol with no lines, it would be a dot.

Type
    eNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnClay View Post
    The star is very special though - it has the golden ratio in it three times:
    The length of the diagonals of a regular pentagon are in golden ratio to their sides. So that's the golden ratio five times. Different way of counting, but it's five.

A star also contains a pentagon, which makes the points of the star superfluous, and again, marks it as an odd shape out compared to the others because of how elaborate it is.

In my system a line can be curvy - e.g. using two to form a heart symbol. A circle is a curved line that joins onto itself.
    Messy.

Don't all those arrows add lines to your figures? If not, then when do you decide which lines count and which ones don't? How would someone trying to learn your system be able to know when they saw a new shape without asking you to count it up for them?

If a heart is 2, then couldn't a heartagram also be interpreted as 5? Or 13?

If I had to make a symbol with no lines, it would be a dot.
    Difficult to read by comparison to the other symbols.
    Last edited by Hephaestus; 12-07-2019 at 06:55 AM.