Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Desirable or Dismissal?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan26 View Post
    Twice last year I was out with a group of people in which was someone I was interested in. As if some cruel prank from above, we had interaction with other people, including some other lady I hit it off with. Under any other circumstance I would've asked for her number but I didn't because there was someone in the group I was interested in and thought that might kill any possibility.
    Isn't this what facebook is for?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    Isn't this what facebook is for?
    For which part? Talking to the one from my group I don't really know or to connect to the one I'm just then meeting? Assuming you're both on Facebook and regularly access it, which isn't always the case, it can be kinda tough taking baby steps through facebook. The personal message column is so thin so it looks like ramblings of a psycho stalker even if it's just a few sentences. If some guy found you on facebook without asking would it feel like you're being stalked? My concern was/is would be being seen asking for or exchanging contact info, email, cell, facebook, insta name, whatever, if it's seen by the other person in the group, would it help or hurt? Somewhat related, I do have female friends who've gone out with guys who they hadn't met irl but on fb. I don't know if the medium had anything to do with it but there were a couple I had met irl then found on fb and then winded up going out but neither went anywhere. They were kinda flaky the whole way through communicating but in those particular cases I don't think fb connecting helped.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
    These are two very different images describing the same post.
    Ehh... You do know neither is flattering?

Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
    Don't worry about anyone else or things that have happened in the past. You create your own future. If a good woman falls for you then she will generally be committed to you for life unless you neglect your relationship with her. This is what I was getting at with my previous post.
    Thank you. I do appreciate you taking the time to post and giving your input. It's not that I couldn't use constructive criticism or multiple points of view about dating and relationships, but I was looking to see reaction to a situation or event. My assumption had been that being seen getting some lady's info would kill it for someone else I was interested in getting to know. But then I started thinking about how being seen on a date or hitting it off with a woman at like a party has been good for business and I think caused other women to show interest in me. I was wondering if my whole premise was wrong. Maybe I shouldn't be afraid or let the moment go past?? Not to like flaunt it or be all public about it but maybe it wouldn't hurt if the one I knew from the group saw me get the number of someone else?

I'm not even sure the types of those who've responded more favorably towards me after they've seen me out with someone. There's a lot about attraction I am clueless about. I do know not everyone acts or react as I naturally would. Overall, I'd like to know more about who does what and why.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan26 View Post
    For which part? Talking to the one from my group I don't really know or to connect to the one I'm just then meeting? Assuming you're both on Facebook and regularly access it, which isn't always the case, it can be kinda tough taking baby steps through facebook. The personal message column is so thin so it looks like ramblings of a psycho stalker even if it's just a few sentences. If some guy found you on facebook without asking would it feel like you're being stalked? My concern was/is would be being seen asking for or exchanging contact info, email, cell, facebook, insta name, whatever, if it's seen by the other person in the group, would it help or hurt? Somewhat related, I do have female friends who've gone out with guys who they hadn't met irl but on fb. I don't know if the medium had anything to do with it but there were a couple I had met irl then found on fb and then winded up going out but neither went anywhere. They were kinda flaky the whole way through communicating but in those particular cases I don't think fb connecting helped.
    Instead of asking someone for their number, just add them on facebook. The third person never knows.

Type
    isfp
    Facebook is the wasteland for people I never want to see or even talk to irl. Not even sure why I still have one.
    god's gift

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by roki View Post
    Facebook is the wasteland for people I never want to see or even talk to irl. Not even sure why I still have one.
    Oi. I'm on ya facefuck..
    All truth passes through three stages:

First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

Type
    isfp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    Oi. I'm on ya facefuck..
    Na I meant people who are solely on my Facebook and not in contact with me any other way (coworkers, friends from school, etc.) I do love their unfollow feature. I've unfollowed probably 60% of my friends on there because I'm sick of their shenanigans, Trumpalicious martyry patriotism (thank me for my service), and incessant gym selfies (this one I unfollow them because I'm sick of seeing the stupid giant fucking headphones and a motivational quote).

Don't motivate me to go to the gym cuz it's not happening. Find me one gym that doesn't smell like rubber and ass, and I'll go*.

I won't actually go*
    god's gift