Page 249 of 249 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249
Results 2,481 to 2,484 of 2484

Thread: Coronavirus

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by pensive_pilgrim View Post
    What? I didn't question any statistics. The "statistics" were just the responses to a survey, how would I even question that? I made a mocking comment about the people responding to the survey, and you questioned why I would shit on the "experts", claiming that they have been consistent and correct.

You've claimed that the current spike was caused by reopening schools. You've also claimed that the lack of restrictions in your state is causing it. I showed you data contradicting your claims, you complained that there wasn't "more in-depth analysis". All you're doing is suggesting reasons why your preconceived beliefs could be right and demanding that I prove they're not.
    The relationship between States coronavirus policy and public health outcomes.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    Mayo in Minnesota lost 900 staff to covid in the last couple of weeks. No hospital in Arizona was accepting ICU transfers for 12 hours last night.

Mayo in the midwest is in a completely different situation. Mayo Arizona actually has sent staff up there to help out, specifically in Wisconsin where they are at capacity.

As for your chart, having ICUs 90% full isn't that unusual. American healthcare is for profit, so they want to be as close to 100% as they can get. The shutdown earlier this year resulted in a lot of doctors and nurses being furloughed due to lack of patients and hospitals losing money. I'm not saying this is a good thing b/c it definitely is not IMO, it's just how it is.

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    As for your chart, having ICUs 90% full isn't that unusual.
    The chart shows two days on Nov 20th and Nov 21st where it's at 100%. That's why I posted it.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    The chart shows two days on Nov 20th and Nov 21st where it's at 100%. That's why I posted it.
    idk wtf you're talking about. It shows 10% available. The numbers always add to 100%.