Page 245 of 249 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 2485

Thread: Coronavirus

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    But why shit on people saying "hey let's listen to the experts"? Baffling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    INTP
    My state did the least in terms of scientific recommendations and now has the worst per capita infection rate (luckily we have large hospital capacity for the number of residents, and have been telling rural out of state people who would normally be transferred in for things to look elsewhere).

Were the earliest projections overly pessimistic likely because they didn't have an accurate view of asymptomatic/mild cases? Probably. But as the more data comes out, there really hasn't been a major reversal of advice in terms of social distancing, stay home when sick, limit gatherings, etc.

I've gotten COVID and it wasn't bad, so there is a part of me that is more nonchalant like...hey, most people get over it. But then there's another part that recognizes I haven't kicked this cough completely, that 15% of cancers are caused by viruses, and we really don't know what the long term effects of this are. Maybe nothing. But why shit on people saying "hey let's listen to the experts"? Baffling.
    Convenient of you to leave out the major reversal of advice regarding masks.

I'm "shitting on" the "experts" by pointing out how wrong the "experts" (the people interpreting the science and writing the headlines for the public) have been repeatedly about covid. I mean, the number 2-ranked country on that list is China. China's scientific leadership lied to the world about the virus and allowed it to spread unchecked while everyone else figured out the truth. We should be holding these people accountable, not buying their BS that this is our fault for not listening to them. We did fucking listen to them. We flattened the curve. We didn't wear masks, and then we did wear them, and we closed the schools and everything else and limited gatherings, and here we are spiking in my state where all of this has been followed religiously.

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by pensive_pilgrim View Post
    Convenient of you to leave out the major reversal of advice regarding masks.

I'm "shitting on" the "experts" by pointing out how wrong the "experts" (the people interpreting the science and writing the headlines for the public) have been repeatedly about covid. I mean, the number 2-ranked country on that list is China. China's scientific leadership lied to the world about the virus and allowed it to spread unchecked while everyone else figured out the truth. We should be holding these people accountable, not buying their BS that this is our fault for not listening to them. We did fucking listen to them. We flattened the curve. We didn't wear masks, and then we did wear them, and we closed the schools and everything else and limited gatherings, and here we are spiking in my state where all of this has been followed religiously.
    Our state has no mask mandate, opened up schools, did not limit gatherings or shut down anything. Our COVID positivity rate is 54%. So if your state followed it religiously, how are you guys faring?

Type
    intp
    Are these the same researchers who were telling us in May and June to expect around 100k total dead? Or are these the ones who were telling us in March to expect millions of deaths?
    For the last several months, the CFR in the US has been stubbornly sitting at ~1.5%

That's still 2.9 million if 60% of the population become confirmed cases.

Wishful thinking will probably reduce that quite a bit though. My baseless guess says 900,000

Type
    INTP
    The Emmy should have gone to Daniel Andrews. He was robbed.

共产主义是邪恶的

Type
    INTP
    Our state has no mask mandate, opened up schools, did not limit gatherings or shut down anything. Our COVID positivity rate is 54%. So if your state followed it religiously, how are you guys faring?

Type
    INtP
    https://i.imgur.com/xbbDi4o.png[/img]
    Per capita, Oregon has 19 deaths per 100k whereas South Dakota is currently trending 80 deaths per 100k.

My wife made me drive her to a park while they're all on lockdown and we got a hundred dollar parking ticket and she got really upset because asian stereotypes about ignoring rules and being stingy are sometimes true in her case

Type
    INTP
    It's bullshit. It's a lie. It's the flu & pneumonia rebranded. It's also people falling off ladders to their deaths, and people dying of heart attacks & road traffic accidents.

How to lie with statistics 101.

Everything I say is factual and backed up with evidence. No, I can't be arsed to lay it all out for you.. the stream of evidence is never ending and you are so very behind the news cycle.

It's being called out now, by brave politicians (few and far between), brave celebrities, brave doctors & nurses , brave broadcasting networks and brave citizens.

This is the Great Reset and Global economic terrorism. The president of the United States, literal Leader of the Free World, has said so himself.

All dissenting opinions & facts have been, or attempted to be, censored by extreme left wing politicians and Communist styled Big Tech.

If they could win their argument with facts, they would not need to rabidly censor their opponents.

There are people who are ignorant, and then there are Liberals... Who are so committed to their false narrative and delusions they will fight the truth every inch of the way to protect their precious egos. #WalkAway join the #GreatResist

I fear no rebuttal, because the truth is evident.
    If Biden is the answer... what the fuck was the question?!

>> Insert ad hominem <<