Page 186 of 186 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186
Results 1,851 to 1,855 of 1855

Thread: Coronavirus

Type
    INTP
    There are 60K deaths per week in the USA on average. You won't be seeing them on the front page. Although most will turn up in the obits in one paper or another.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    Super condensed version of their obits. Would have run to 400 pages if they'd included them all. You are right though, ~100,000 dead Americans is not news; especially when the GOP kills them.

Trumps golfing so not important.
    NYC has had about 16,000 deaths. I guess if we're going by numbers, their disaster was the worst of any metro region in the USA, maybe in the world. I live in a small town area so there haven't been any around here. It must suck to be an old person in NYC right now. Golf is such a boring game, but I never learned to swing a golf club.

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by pensive_pilgrim View Post
    Golf is such a boring game, but I never learned to swing a golf club.

Expensive sport. It's cost taxpayers $135,000,000 for Trump to play golf so far.

Type
    intp
    If things keep going like they are we should have achieved elimination status in 21 days with 95% certainty. That should mean almost all remaining restrictive disease control measures could be phased out and quarantine free international travel could be started with other disease free nations like Samoa, the Cook Islands and Niue. There are only 8 active cases remaining, but there's quite a long tail.

Maybe Taiwan after that as they might achieve elimination status before Australia.

Some of the populist politicians are fairly desperate to get people flying around and don't want to wait (or they don't want to be seen by the press to be wanting to wait).

Campervan rentals are at giveaway prices starting at about US$15 a day. Tourist towns are pretty keen to get people visiting with some pretty good deals on shit to do.
    Last edited by jyng1; 05-28-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Type
    isfp
    "In this moment the public health risks of not protesting to demand an end to systemic racism greatly exceed the harms of the virus."

Read that in an article. I agree. Let's hammer a nail in the coronavirus's coffin and move on.
    god's gift