Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Things in Arts and Entertainment that everyone appreciates but you

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan26 View Post
    Would that include WonderWoman and/or Spiderman? Before 2008, I would've definitely put Iron Man in the minor leagues. Where would you have him? Wolverine?
    All of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    ENTP
    Tiger King et al. - reality is as strange as fiction and this should come as no surprise; the fringes are everywhere. anytime these real life phenomena are captured, castrated, and sensationalized as a freak show i lose interest.

Type
    istj
    Quote Originally Posted by MCIV View Post
    Tiger King et al. - reality is as strange as fiction and this should come as no surprise; the fringes are everywhere. anytime these real life phenomena are captured, castrated, and sensationalized as a freak show i lose interest.
    Did you watch it?
    god's gift

Type
    ENTP
    @roki honestly, no, i only watched the first episode and i had a hard time getting through it. why?

i can see its appeal; the subject matter is gold. for me the portrayal felt too edited and removed from its subjects. i don't like how TV packages reality and at the risk of sounding stupid i find youtube and real life more substantial.
    Last edited by MCIV; 04-04-2020 at 10:52 PM.

Type
    istj
    @roki honestly, no, i only watched the first episode and i had a hard time getting through it. why?

i can see its appeal. for me the portrayal felt too edited and removed from its subjects. i just don't like how TV does reality and i find real life more interesting.
    Yeah, probably a good thing. Part of me wishes I could unsee it.
    god's gift

Type
    ENTP
    @roki

meanwhile i'm like some poor homeschooler yet again left out of the zeitgeist. don't wish that. lol

Type
    istj
    @roki

meanwhile i'm like some poor homeschooler yet again left out of the zeitgeist. don't wish that. lol
    I normally don't feel such a deep hatred for people whose opinions are different than mine--partially because I often don't have very strong ones. I have a lot of strong opinions regarding this show, none of which are favorable to Joe.

There are a handful of people that I know/love/respect who now adore/idolize Joe Exotic (outside of him being a meme). And it's very difficult for me to stick my disgust and disappointment in them into a shoebox and stuff it in the closet. This show has made me deeply think the people I'm referencing are easily manipulated hidden bullies and pieces of shit.

Carole deserves justice for what the producers of this show did to her and her organization.
    god's gift

Type
    ENTP
    @roki

i can't comment. i don't know anything more about it. but the i suspect that the way that the show - as, ive surmised, with most TV - is deliberately calculated to strike audiences in a certain way is precisely what's to blame for both your disgust and mine.
    Last edited by MCIV; 04-04-2020 at 11:43 PM.