Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is Your Internet Connection Speed?

Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan26 View Post
    I'm paying for 200mbps but it's clocking in at around 75. I've got a hardwire going into my DirecTV, oddly enough, as if I should want to order a movie off PPV or on demand, I believe that's how it comes in. IDK, I could be wrong about that but I'm pretty sure that's what I remember upon setup about 8 yrs ago. I know I increased to 200 but I can't remember if it was from 50 or 100. Part of that was an issue with my old computer. I did have some buffering issues on my PS3 when watching a few shows off Vudu. There were times I'd have an issue with Netflix through my PS3 but that was more rare. I need to see if I can hardwire my PS3 and maybe I won't have to worry about buffering if I drop down to 100. I shouldn't but it's in a different room than my router. What I really want is a way to get credited for the time I've been paying for 200 and them not delivering. I know there's some station to station bs but I shouldn't lose 125 going from sub box to my laptop.

How would I change the channel? I think when I first got it, the guy took my modem/router off the main channel but I've since got a new one, (a few years back), and I bet it's on the default heavy one. For watching TV shows off my laptop, Netflix, not live, which is in the same room as my router, does that even matter?
    If you're getting no higher than 75, you're probably limited to 100mbps somewhere along the line. maybe an old router or old cable modem. The wired connection should be hitting over 100 at off peak times, e.g. after 1am

You move channels by logging into the wireless enabled device. Sometimes that's the cable modem itself, mine came with an embedded WiFi and I disabled that shit and plugged a TP-link Archer into it. Even my phone gets 235mbps

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    If you're getting no higher than 75, you're probably limited to 100mbps somewhere along the line. maybe an old router or old cable modem. The wired connection should be hitting over 100 at off peak times, e.g. after 1am
    The router was rated at 300. I was getting a higher speed before. I'm not gonna bitch about 187, though I'm pretty sure I topped 210-220 when it first came in.

Type
    isfp
    Quote Originally Posted by roki View Post
    Expensive AT&T DSL (no other option besides satellite) with these stats:

PING ms

DOWNLOAD Mbps

UPLOAD Mbps
    I'm on Mustard's internet and her's is

PING ms

DOWNLOAD Mbps

UPLOAD Mbps

This connection is gourmet *Italian finger pinch* compared to DSL
    god's gift

Type
    INTP
    DSL

13 MB DOWN
    0.6 UP
    54 MS PING

This is as good as it gets. It used to be very unreliable. We've replaced the router, internal wiring and jack and had CenturyLink out once. They found significant errors at the demarcation and the connection to the wires up on the telephone pole. So its pretty stable now. Yea!