Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Quarantine cooking

Type
    INTP
    I think making homemade tomato sauce and boiling thigh/drumsticks in it and putting it all on pasta might be my favorite comfort food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    Made an Austrian goulash recipe and it was nice. I'm wary of paprika because I used to add it to everything in excess, but it worked.

Doesn't matter which recipe I look at though, half the readers will be saying that's not goulash.
    Anyone have a favorite goulash recipe?

Also, I can't find caraway seeds so I use cumin. Apparently this may be a no-no. But then I read caraway is similar to anise and said oh fuck that. Is it really?

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    But then I read caraway is similar to anise and said oh fuck that. Is it really?
    I don't think so but apparently my fiancee does. They smell very differently to me but I guess they are more similar in taste than cumin and caraway... probably fennel seeds would be closer though.

Type
    INTP
    Made mango-chicken curry and it did not work. I shoulda known those ingredients were too much. Who uses 2 tbsp of fresh ginger.

Will try peach chicken next.

Basically interested in trying meat with fruit these days.

Type
    eNTP
    Who uses 2 tbsp of fresh ginger.
    Depends on what you're doing. If you're making crystallized ginger, that's too little to be worth the effort. If you're flavoring six cups of rice, I think that would work.
    I'm suspicious of people who say they'll die for a flag but won't wear a mask for their neighbor.

Type
    INTP
    Got my hands on ten pounds of hatch chilies. They are drop dead gorgeous, green, and fresh. Of course I can't eat ten pounds right away, so I'm going to smoke em, peel em, and freeze em. Cuz that's what you do. Got the smoker set up for an early morning tomorrow to get started. Yay.

I'm going to use pecan and mesquite, to complete the New Mexiconess of it all.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

This SEP field is glorious!

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    Got my hands on ten pounds of hatch chilies. They are drop dead gorgeous, green, and fresh. Of course I can't eat ten pounds right away, so I'm going to smoke em, peel em, and freeze em. Cuz that's what you do. Got the smoker set up for an early morning tomorrow to get started. Yay.

wtf I haven't found hatch chilies all season and I live in Colorado where they grow them. Last year they were everywhere. Apparently they're shipping them all to Louisiana.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post

Those rotating smokers are mesmerizing. I'm not a hatch chili maniac, but they do improve a lot of food.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by NedLudd View Post
    wtf I haven't found hatch chilies all season and I live in Colorado where they grow them. Last year they were everywhere. Apparently they're shipping them all to Louisiana.
    Found them at albertsons...the good young guns brand too.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

This SEP field is glorious!

Type
    INTP
    I think making homemade tomato sauce and boiling thigh/drumsticks in it and putting it all on pasta might be my favorite comfort food.
    A variant of this used to be my favorite thing to cook.