Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Quarantine cooking

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    Thanks for the reminder, I've been trying to remember all morning what I was supposed to cook this weekend. It was in the NYT recently:
    https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/...om-tomato-tart

Although now I see I'm lacking some ingredients and gotta put it off til tomorrow. :/
    I saw this recipe too! How funny that you are in a different hemisphere seeing the same recipe and thinking... maybe Ill make that!

This is the one I tried. pretty much looked the same as the picture. I think the NYT recipe will get a more pie like result with the eggs... hmmm.... maybe I'll make that too sometime!

Another tomato pie recipe

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Starjots View Post
    I saw this recipe too! How funny that you are in a different hemisphere seeing the same recipe and thinking... maybe Ill make that!

This is the one I tried. pretty much looked the same as the picture. I think the NYT recipe will get a more pie like result with the eggs... hmmm.... maybe I'll make that too sometime!

Another tomato pie recipe
    I don't think I can make this because of the gruyere and the mayo (partner doesn't like them). But I'll make the other one and see how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Mix in a little ghost pepper and soy sauce and it's dinner time.

Type
    isfp
    Quote Originally Posted by last_caress View Post

Mix in a little ghost pepper and soy sauce and it's dinner time.
    Wheres the protein

Type
    eNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by roki View Post
    Wheres the protein
    In the peas.
    I'm suspicious of people who say they'll die for a flag but won't wear a mask for their neighbor.

Quote Originally Posted by roki View Post
    Wheres the protein
    I don't worry about protein intake unless I'm working out. I shoot for a somewhat restricted calorie number and wherever the protein falls is ok.
    A potential benefit of this strategy is that protein and calorie restriction without inadequacy appears to increase longevity.

Type
    INTP
    I have not tried that particular brand of pre-cooked rice, but I am a huge fan of the concept (pre-cooked rice vacuum sealed while still moist). Once you microwave it, it tastes as good to me as real fresh cooked rice. Nothing like crappy "instant" rice sold dry. Really nice if you want some rice as a side dish for chicken or pork chops or the like.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I don't think I can make this because of the gruyere and the mayo (partner doesn't like them). But I'll make the other one and see how it goes.
    This one went okay except I overcooked the base a bit. Partner thinks it tastes more like breakfast food than something to go with dinner. Indeed I saw a review that said something like "toss the dough and it's the best omelette ever".

I loved it.

Perhaps not a great choice to make it on the heels of a Spanish tortilla the previous night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    INTP
    One of my mate's specialties is now quiche. BASE RECIPE

It doesn't have to be squash, we threw in a crap ton of cooking greens, thin sliced carrots, and herbs and it turned out great. What doesn't work is adding so much oil or using flour instead of a baking mix, especially if you double or triple the recipe - go light on that or shit it's awful. So start with all your vegetables and spices, then add the eggs and baking mix and some oil until it looks like it will bake into something. Definitely grease and flower the pan too.

A Transient Configuration Sistamatic's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Had leftover buttermilk from my lemon cake recipe so I made layered buttermilk biscuits. You can freeze them unbaked and just take one out and bake it whenever.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

This SEP field is glorious!