Sir are those pine nuts?

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by roki View Post
    Sir are those pine nuts?
    You're a pine nut.

Type
    INTP
    Used some fresh (3 months old - the stuff keeps remarkably well until you peel it) pumpkin with red curry sauce, shrimp, udon noodles etc. today. I'm a little tired of our own cooking, but this came out really nice.
    At this point, my drop of ocean water is mostly salt

Type
    INTP
    I'd been craving Ethiopian, and some errands took me by a small Ethiopian market the other day so I picked up some injera bread, came home and took out some goat meat to defrost. The next day I spiced the meat in the morning and set it cooking low and slow (heavy on the salt and other spices, went back and added more and more fresh ginger - it came out great). That afternoon I whipped up the other three components - greens, lentils, and root vegetables. Voila: A very tasty and relatively easy Ethiopian-inspired spread. Dirtied a few pots but only a couple of plates.
    Too bad, Lady Une. You were far too lenient.
    As a soldier, yes. But as a civilian I lived an austere life.

Type
    INTP
    @Starjots I've also been tired of my cooking. xD Luckily I discovered an Asian grocery store in my new neighborhood. Bought various types of curry, sauce, oil, seaweed, spices, etc., that I've never been able to use until now. So I'm finally getting some new flavours in my food.
    Re-grouping at www.intp.live forum

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    @Starjots I've also been tired of my cooking. xD Luckily I discovered an Asian grocery store in my new neighborhood. Bought various types of curry, sauce, oil, seaweed, spices, etc., that I've never been able to use until now. So I'm finally getting some new flavours in my food.
    Yes! Shopping at a new/different place sounds like the ticket.

Type
    INTP
    A random wonder (to me) (this is more of a rave/hot air)

My wife harvested a lot of arugula yesterday from the garden. It still officially winter for another six weeks! Our weather dips below freezing every night, often well below. Frankly, I'm flabbergasted it managed to keep growing with just a few hours of sunlight a day and such cold nights.

After cleaning, we blanched it (dip in boiling water for 1 minute and drain) and stored in the fridge.

Much of it went into a minestrone soup today - was delicious.

*Our local weed, London Rocket, is a close cousin of Arugula. I could pick a bushel of that stuff right now, it's doing even better. But the taste is not as good.