Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Quarantine cooking

Type
    INTP
    My man cooks goat fairly frequently with varying success. His latest effort included a dry rub. The whole thing came out tender and delicious, so I picked up some injera bread while out running errands and threw together some red lentils in one pot and then buttery carrots and cabbage in another. Voila: quick ethiopian. The kiddo even liked it.

I brewed some sweet, spiced tea to go with it.
    Too bad, Lady Une. You were far too lenient.
    As a soldier, yes. But as a civilian I lived an austere life.

Type
    isfp
    I've never eaten at In N Out before, but I'd probably love it. I made kind of animal style fries. Bacon, caramelized onion, American cheese, and 1000 island out of the bottle with vinegar, a lil water, and sugar added.

Spoiler: >

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    I found a good hunk of beef chuck at the store yesterday, so I bought it, and then googled beef chuck recipes. Next thing you know, I'm making beef bourgigoinge, which I just had to use autocorrect on. Basically just had to buy carrots, potatoes, wine, and beef broth to have everything I needed on top of what I already have. Turned out to be a super tasty stew, definitely going to make it at least one more time while the cold weather lasts.

Type
    isfp
    Damn these are good. The sandwich creme part feels cool in temperature when you bite into it. If I could make an improvement to these, I'd make the creme and the wafers thinner

Ah shit I'm in quarantine cooking

Societal egress and ennui Catoptric's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Use a large cast iron pot to roast a whole chicken on low heat (with an interval of high heat in conjunctiin to putting it in the oven for broil) after about 8 hours. Removing the meat and bone, filling the pot up with water and boiling pinto beans, I then cook them after steeping for an hour after boiling temps, heating again for several mor hours on moderate boil low temps. Finished by adding various peppers and chili seasoning, etc.

I do something similar with beef roast and make stew. Also, cooking the meat by buttering the pan and adding beer.

Watched a video that butter aged beef instead of dry aged.
    Last edited by Catoptric; Yesterday at 02:38 AM.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by roki View Post
    Damn these are good. The sandwich creme part feels cool in temperature when you bite into it. If I could make an improvement to these, I'd make the creme and the wafers thinner

Ah shit I'm in quarantine cooking
    My man likes crap like that. To me they’re both too sweet and too boring.

I’ll take nonni’s almond biscotti with dark chocolate any day.

Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by roki View Post
    I've never eaten at In N Out before, but I'd probably love it. I made kind of animal style fries. Bacon, caramelized onion, American cheese, and 1000 island out of the bottle with vinegar, a lil water, and sugar added.

Spoiler: >
    In n out is the best. I used to work in the bay area a few times per month and would pig out on it the whole time. When I wasn't getting the double double, I'd be over at Safeway getting a rotisserie chicken in a bag, to take back to my room to eat with my hands like a medieval king at a banquet with a bottle of Martinelli's sparkling apple cider [which wasn't actually cider, but just carbonated apple juice, or what the Germans would call, apfelschorle] - and man, do Germans love their apfelschorle]

I think the farthest East I've seen one is Dallas/Austin. There's a logistics issue with the meat because it's never frozen.
    It's like a fifties style burger without all the modern bullshit McDonalds got into. I love how simple their menu is too. No choice paralysis.