Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Quarantine cooking

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    Yeah, it had onions, leeks, garlic, carrots, celery, vegetable stock, thyme, bay leaves, paprika, pepper... and then pork, bacon and longaniza. Um, and peas.

I made the peas separately and then put them through a blender before adding them in.
    Dry peas will turn to mush on their own when they’re fully cooked.

Iirc I only season mine with a little bit of bacon, onion, and salt. The peas themselves have a hearty, earthy taste, and it’s just to complement them.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaJ View Post
    Dry peas will turn to mush on their own when they’re fully cooked.

Iirc I only season mine with a little bit of bacon, onion, and salt. The peas themselves have a hearty, earthy taste, and it’s just to complement them.
    They were mush but I wanted purée. I do have to embrace the vegetable side more though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    isfp
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    A Southewestern stuffing? Does it taste spicy or Tex Mex at all? I can just envision my Midwestern grandparents tsk tsking the thought. But it looks like it has all the other ingredients for the traditional stuffing taste.

I think I might do a stuffing flight, because stuffing is legit the best thing to eat at Thanksgiving. Going on the list.

Noted. I'm a very insecure cook so I cling to a recipe. But Jiffy mix can be dope so will get that for any cornbread base.
    Sifting the Jiffy beforehand in a fine sifter and letting the batter sit around at room temp for 10 minutes at least prior to cooking as well as dropping it into a hot oiled pan is what makes these cinder blocks become marble

I don't like stuffing, but i like the simplicity of the one my mom makes. It's truly a less is more situation-- the stuffing isn't super wet if the cornbread is prepared in a manner to accommodate liquids versus a regular ole side of cornbread with neckbones or chitterlings or whatever else the country folks eat

Sift, set, drop into preheated hot ass oil in a relatively shallow pan; bang

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    Looking for the best homemade stuffing recipes. Not going to be basic stove top bitch this year.
    We always have sausage and herb stuffing.