Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Quarantine cooking

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    I've heard of this. In my family we call it "bread".
    Took me a while to get used to. I'm a white bread person. I still think some things will always taste better with white bread. Not this sandwich though.
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    IXTP
    Uptown girl, She's been living in her white bread world.

Type
    INTJ
    Just made a variation on my chorizo subs above

Part baked French bread again

took two thin cut sirloin steaks, rubbed them in salt to tender up and go red for fifteen minutes, then rubbed them in steak rub seasoning and added powdered, diced and dried roast garlic.
    Fried them on high heat for just three minutes, being quick to turn them over right away to seal in the juices.

Made homemade chimmichurri sauce using balsamic vinaigrette and dried chimmichurri spices, doused the steaks in that and then sliced them up, dousing them again in that and grated roast garlic and diced garlic.

covered some red Leicester cheese in some diced garlic and microwaved it to bubbling melted.

Buttered the hot bread out of the oven, then spread the garlic cheese inside and added strips of the chimmichurri soaked steak.

Mwah! manufique.
    Could have eaten two.

mxx added Heinz garlic sauce to hers, in-case there wasn't enough garlic already.

*breathes in French*
    I'm the best mayne. I did it.

Type
    INTP
    @Limes how do you make the chimi? I never made any.

Type
    INTP
    Also, in an effort to make my bf eat greens, I've made several spinach pies, until finally he says, "I'd like pie if you didn't put spinach in it."

Type
    eNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    Also, in an effort to make my bf eat greens, I've made several spinach pies, until finally he says, "I'd like pie if you didn't put spinach in it."

Try putting them in a shepherd's pie instead. That way he'll be distracted by the potatoes.
    "Just because it's 2020 doesn't mean everyone has perfect vision."--catchphrase of a fictional comedian in some movie

Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    @Limes how do you make the chimi? I never made any.
    Oh, I just mixed some up using dried chimmichurri herb mix and balsamic vinaigrette. It tastes close enough. It's not like it's homemade ...oops, I wrote homemade didn't I. It's not, it's just a mix I bought at Woolworths in Cape Town.
    I'm the best mayne. I did it.

Type
    INTP
    Try putting them in a shepherd's pie instead. That way he'll be distracted by the potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Oh, I just mixed some up using dried chimmichurri herb mix and balsamic vinaigrette. It tastes close enough. It's not like it's homemade ...oops, I wrote homemade didn't I. It's not, it's just a mix I bought at Woolworths in Cape Town.
    Ah, okay. My family must have been purists because, although we ate barbeque all the time, we never made a dressing to go with it.

I remember the only two words my Chinese neighbor would say in Vancouver was, "Barbeque again?" My father would say something equally verbose and the neighbor would nod and go back inside.

Type
    INTP
    Fish tacos yesterday - new thing for us.

In skillet - grapeseed oil, taco seasoning, some water, 1 squeezed lime, bunch of fresh dill, diced onion, zucchini, mushrooms, peppers, a bit of coconut oil. Once that's pretty much cooked and not too liquidy, add in 1 pound of cubed cod and try not to overcook the fish.

Creamy sauce - 1 part sour cream, 1 part avocado mayonnaise, squeezed lime, 1 tsp garlic powder, green chiles (i used mostly the juice)

Chopped up cilantro&lettuce and tomato and guacamole for garnish

Hard corn taco shells, warmed in the oven 5 minutes (we also did some soft tacos with corn tortillas)

Came out very nice, will do this one again

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Starjots View Post
    Fish tacos yesterday - new thing for us.

In skillet - grapeseed oil, taco seasoning, some water, 1 squeezed lime, bunch of fresh dill, diced onion, zucchini, mushrooms, peppers, a bit of coconut oil. Once that's pretty much cooked and not too liquidy, add in 1 pound of cubed cod and try not to overcook the fish.

Creamy sauce - 1 part sour cream, 1 part avocado mayonnaise, squeezed lime, 1 tsp garlic powder, green chiles (i used mostly the juice)

Chopped up cilantro&lettuce and tomato and guacamole for garnish

Hard corn taco shells, warmed in the oven 5 minutes (we also did some soft tacos with corn tortillas)

Came out very nice, will do this one again
    Yum. A Canadian guy took us to his favourite Mexican restaurant for Fish Tacos in San Diego. The kind of fast food I could really go for.