Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: X A-12 Musk

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Stop being so humble and downplaying Canadian fame (oh and own Nickelback and Bieber while you're at it!)
    Admittedly, I based my opinion on hearing a couple of her songs on youtube (awful) and the fact that I had never heard of her. That's hard to do with a Canadian artist because our nanny state government mandates a certain proportion of Canadian content on the airwaves (known colloquially as CanCon). So any Canadian with even a wit of talent makes the airwaves, and Grimes seemed to have failed to pass muster.

Beiber is the USA's fault. He was just another Canadian schmuck until he made it big in the US.

Nobody can explain Nickleback. Nobody. But CanCon is definitely part of that problem - gotta fill the quota with something. I think only Shania Twain has caused me more ear pain on that front.

Type
    isfp
    Shania Twain is the greatest female singer in history
    god's gift

Type
    INTP
    Her old stuff is kinda undeniably good, the new shit is just tacky and overdone imo. The Live on KEXP and Oblivion videos are ones I liked in 2012 or so and still do today.

Type
    INTP
    I know her indirectly through hipster friends. As far as I can tell, she is a hipster, and she does as a hipster does. That includes bizarre naming conventions.

Type
    INTP
    ITT I learned there's a musician named Grimes, and it's a female.

Everything about this guy is annoying, including this. I'd literally rather hear about Meghan and Harry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I'd literally rather hear about Meghan and Harry.
    Meghan and Harry shot into space on a Falcon 9? That'd be cooler than Tom Cruise going to the Space Station.

Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by roki View Post
    Everyone is just going to let this hang there, like a subset fart of the leather couch, "wet ripper" variety in a conference room with the steering committee and third party strategic partners in attendance.

"can everyone just mute their microphones please, thank you."

Cancerous autism in a can Eli Porter's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by roki View Post
    ♡^

Lol

If only we could condense the audio opiate of female talent into one artist. There was once a thread suggesting all females be banned due to rampant feelsies. On the flip side I wouldn't even blink at all Male artists suddenly disappearing (just so any vacancies of my favorite orchestral genres are assumed by ♀ and YouTube still exists).
    -------------------
    Btw, does know how the Amazonian warrior race in DC comics procreate? As the Avengers movie showed us, they do suffer fatalities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    Sig-worthy....

Type
    eNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Everyone is just going to let this hang there, like a subset fart of the leather couch, "wet ripper" variety in a conference room with the steering committee and third party strategic partners in attendance.

"can everyone just mute their microphones please, thank you."
    I've come to the conclusion that arguing with people about subjective judgments is foolish. It doesn't quite stop me from doing it all the time, but some portion of the time I am able to recognize the inherent hubris of it and not engage. This was one of those times.
    Last edited by Hephaestus; 05-12-2020 at 12:42 AM.
    "Just because it's 2020 doesn't mean everyone has perfect vision."--catchphrase of a fictional comedian in some movie

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    Omg, I didn't realize grimes was a celeb too. That's awful music. It's an unholy marriage of the 80s synthesizer and the modern autotune.
    7 inventors you didn't know you wanted to punch in the face (cracked.com)

2. Andy Hindelbrand, Inventor of Auto-Tune

The Man

Andy Hindelbrand had worked for years interpreting seismic data for the oil industry. Using a mathematical formula called autocorrelation, Hindelbrand would send sound waves into the ground and record their reflections, providing an accccccccccccca;sdlk... whoa, we fell asleep for a second there! An accurate map of potential drill sites. That's what that boring shit he was doing was all about.

Now if you're thinking that's one dull dead-end job, don't... his technique saved the oil companies millions and allowed him to retire at 40. That's reason enough to blast him in the facepiece, but there's more.

The Crime

After 13 years of playing music for rocks, Hindelbrand figured he needed to party and unwind. During a retirement dinner party, a guest challenged him to a most interesting, um, challenge. She wanted him to invent a box that would allow her to sing in tune. After presumably consulting with Satan himself, Hindelbrand took up the challenge and created Auto-Tune.

Though Hindelbrand designed the device to be used primarily for pitch correction, Cher promptly employed it to sound like a drowning R2-D2 on her comeback hit "Believe," giving the public their first encounter with Auto-Tune. Hindelbrand hadn't realized that basic human nature towards a new technological toy would be to blatantly misuse it or turn it into a method of mass torture. This is something we at Cracked could have easily predicted. Afterall, give a kid a GTA console and he'll spend the first 10 minutes killing pedestrians in the most creative ways possible.

Now Auto-Tune has become an indispensable part of the music industry, acting as a sort of Photoshop for the human voice. From Britney Spears to obscure Bollywood soundtracks, every singer now presumes that you'll just run their voice through the box.

It gets worse. Since literally anyone can sing with its help, the maker's of Auto-Tune have now teamed up with T-Pain to release a $99 version of the device along with iPhone applications for home musicians.
    Your gardening sucks and your avocados ain't fruitin'. -- Sappho the Maestro