Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why don't you understand typology?

Type
    INTP

Why don't you understand typology?

I find it absurd that so many of you have been hanging around INTPc for years, and yet still have only rudimentary knowledge of typology. Please, do your homework; at least enough to understand the functional stack, the subtleties of P/J, and the significance of the inferior function.

Armed with such knowledge, you'll be able to spot an INTJ via their Se, understand why ISFJs are actually kind and understated despite being "J", and much more!

Type
    INTP
    Hmm.....sounds like work. Maybe later.
    You're using big words right now that you don't know the meaning of and you're capitalizing them. You shouldn't do that. ~Osito

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    My keyboard knows I use typology. A lot. Even right now!
    Stand clear of the closing doors, please.

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Write View Post
    I find it absurd that so many of you have been hanging around INTPc for years, and yet still have only rudimentary knowledge of typology. Please, do your homework; at least enough to understand the functional stack, the subtleties of P/J, and the significance of the inferior function.

Armed with such knowledge, you'll be able to spot an INTJ via their Se, understand why ISFJs are actually kind and understated despite being "J", and much more!
    Why do you think that's absurd? The more specific you get with typology the more it smells like astrology or some other kind of bullshit. Don't get me wrong, it's kind of interesting ... but I can totally relate to someone thinking it's just a pointless waste of time.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Quote Originally Posted by whatloveihave View Post
    I don't find you a potential threat to human society, you're not crazy. Feces.

Pan_Sonic_000
    Because I don't take it seriously enough to pursue it with that kind of diligence. Anyone who's been in a room with more than one of the same 'type' will tell you that MBTI only covers generalities and is pretty useless beyond that.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I'm borderline everything except on Intuition, in other words, essentially xNXX. That gives me little motivation.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    INTP
    Because scientifically speaking, MBTI is bullshit. The only reliable, discrete trait is I/E.

To be fair, most people got here by having a period of enthusiasm and interest in MBTI. If there was a final exam on MBTI, the only question's answer would be something like ^
    Quote Originally Posted by whatloveihave View Post
    I don't find you a potential threat to human society, you're not crazy. Feces.

Type
    INTP
    I have come to dislike function stacking. It all reads like a pet theory with little to back it up.

Science has validated E/I. Talking to people I can see a divergence between N/S worldviews. F/T however is very hazy and often breaks down into a mess. J/P is more misunderstood than anything, and it doesn't really exist as a separate function.

I favor Zedo/Technical's view of typology.