Thread: Homeschool Thread

Type
    INTP

Homeschool Thread

For random thoughts and discussion on the topic, since it looks like we'll be doing this for at least the next year.
    Too bad, Lady Une. You were far too lenient.
    As a soldier, yes. But as a civilian I lived an austere life.

Type
    INTP
    I don't think that I struggled with reading and math nearly as much as my kid does at times, and I wonder if that's because I was in a large class with a bunch of kids, public school, and the expectations were always lower than whatever level of achievement I was currently at.

Whereas with my kid, he's at a 1:1 student:teacher ratio, and I'm constantly challenging him to operate at his highest level of competency.

I think he's also more of a perfectionist than I was as a kid, but I wonder which is the chicken and which is the egg.

Now we know... Asteroids Champion ACow's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Just want you to know I'm interested in your experiences. It's probably not applicable to us right now, but I've never been a fan of institutionalised education and assumed there was a strong possibility any child of mine would end up homeschooled. Now the child's here, but still have to see how he develops and what school/education opportunities exist...

Type
    INTP
    I have some experience. I was a bigger fan going in than going out, but there are so many variables that matters little.

Thought #1 is think about your philosophy first, and then consider if it matches what you know about your child.