Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When's the last time you cleaned your phone?

Type
    INTP
    Wait, I thought we were talking about Covid-19 cleaning. I never cleaned a phone before that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    isfp
    Same I seldom cleaned a phone prior to COVID19. When the virus first started--the toilet paper hoarding days-- I was cleaning my phone incessantly. I've just realized I should probably start doing it again because I haven't cleaned it in weeks. Lysol wipes seem good enough unless I'm missing something.

I remember seeing years ago someone on Sharktank selling some sort of device that cleans phones. I likely wouldn't buy it, but was curious to see if anyone had this or a similar product

Type
    eNTP
    If the screen gets enough skin oil to impede reading, I'll wipe it down. But otherwise the only time I clean it--as in using some sort of detergent or solvent rather than merely wiping it down--is to prep it for a screen protector--so on average, once or twice per phone.
    "Just because it's 2020 doesn't mean everyone has perfect vision."--catchphrase of a fictional comedian in some movie

Type
    INTJ
    It's very rare for me to use my phone as an actual phone and if I know I'm going to be making a call with it, I'd be more inclined to use a pair of wireless headphones to make the call itself, so in this respect, my phone is more of a pocket computer and camera than a phone.

The screen never gets dirty on my phone, but even if it's not visibly unclean, I'll generally give it a wipe of fingerprints on a daily, or a few times in a day.
    Probably every few weeks I'll take it out of the clear plastic protective case to wipe down the back too.

Married Mouth-breather JohnClay's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    I bought my Xiami phone off of my flatmate and it has 64 Gb of storage so I never need to clean it up though occasionally it automatically asks if I want to clean it up (freeing 2 Gb of space)