Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 vs 2020

Type
    INTP
    Work seems less important in 2020. I always felt like I needed to do it to survive. I needed the health insurance. I needed the money to pay for shit I need to survive, and build any sort of life. I still need that stuff, but work is starting to feel more and more like bullshit this year, especially the amount of hours I used to spend doing it. I can work a few hours at home and get the same amount of work done I used to get done in an 8 hour day. I'm wondering why I put so much time into it before. I guess I felt like I had to. I don't want to go back to that, but I don't want my pay to be cut either when things go back to normal. Hopefully I'll be able to work from home more often after all this. I really don't want to go back to having to be in the office 8 hrs. a day and commuting and all that bullshit.

There were so many interruptions and distractions when I worked in the office full time. It was a waste of time. I'd rather waste my time at home. I don't know how I can go back to being in the office full-time after this.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Works View Post
    It's hard to get a tan when you're hiding inside from the Rona.
    Perfect way to weaken your immune system... Derp.
    If Biden is the answer... what the fuck was the question?!

Type
    INTP
    Well, the entire world (almost) has just been flipped upside down on its head.

They don't want us to return to normal, they will push the new normal everyday of our lives from now.

Most businesses will be decimated and school could potentially be cancelled for good. There is talk that they will only open part weeks and for limited services.

They want us to "tele conference" everything.

I for one won't be "tele conferencing" anything. Like I'm gonna take my doctor's appointments and everything else over a damn screen.

Work is no longer that important to me, immediately, I mean. Entering the largest depression the world has ever seen, I intend to go back to basics.

I'm learning to grow and build. Bracing myself for years of home school I have ahead of me... As the state seemingly don't give a single fuck about education.

My cousin who has just been made redundant from the automotive industry said she's like to retrain in a trade, and suggested I join her.

I think it could actually be a really good idea. There aren't many women in trades, and we are both pretty competent working with our hands. Most the men in our family have their owns trades, so we have contacts & support.

I inend to survive this plandemic by doing precisely the opposite of what Bill Gates & his ilk suggest.

I can't believe some morons have voluntarily put them self on house arrest

In Melbourne Australia the government locked a whole bunch of people up in their blocks of flats, would not let them out and even had them on food rations(!)

Half of America has fallen, half of Australia has fallen, Canada is fallen, period.... I'm wondering when outright tyranny will reach the shores of great Britain & Ireland.
    If Biden is the answer... what the fuck was the question?!

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    I for one won't be "tele conferencing" anything. Like I'm gonna take my doctor's appointments and everything else over a damn screen.
    I don't mind teleconferencing. My work has done meetings online. It just makes it seem like it's even more pointless for me to go back to work in the office when we can just do that.

The online doctor visits aren't that bad either. I actually kind of like it because the doctors have actually been on time for the televisits so I can get the whole thing done in 15 minutes. It's a lot better than traveling there, then waiting in the reception area forever because the doctor is always late, then getting home like 2 hours later. Of course for some things seeing the doctor in person is necessary.

I'm glad that I can go to physical therapy again. I feel less dependent on physical therapy now than I was before. It's nice to go, and it's helpful, but I used to get this anxiety if they didn't have appointments available that I would have to live in pain. I have less of that anxiety now.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    Perfect way to weaken your immune system... Derp.
    More so a private joke between Limey and me.... Herp.
    Last edited by Works; 07-21-2020 at 03:14 PM.

Type
    INTP
    It's like experiencing a glitch in the Matrix.

In the past you could read history and think, "Damn, those poor bastards really had their world turned upside down, sucked to be them", and now that's us.

I think you gain a greater appreciation of what matters in life and how much time you usually spend doing inconsequential bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    It's like experiencing a glitch in the Matrix.

In the past you could read history and think, "Damn, those poor bastards really had their world turned upside down, sucked to be them", and now that's us.

I think you gain a greater appreciation of what matters in life and how much time you usually spend doing inconsequential bullshit.
    What would you do differently if you were suddenly back in your early 20s?

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    I guess it’s been impressed on me just how much of a problem our lack of community and the me first attitude is particularly here in the US. People can’t inconvenience themselves for a few months in the face of a massive health crisis, how are we supposed to pull together with something that’s really serious? We won’t is the obvious answer now, we would be ruined. Which makes the accelerating environmental catastrophe all the more worrying.

Now that’s a question, I’m not who you asked but my answer would basically come down to “everything”. Not because of the pandemic, though.

Type
    INTP
    That's when I was doing everything right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.