Thread: Avatar the Last Airbender

Type
    INTP

Anyone watching it? Rewatching it?

I just finished watching book three with my kiddo. While there are some flaws, particularly in the third season, overall it was even better than I remembered. Kiddo was super into it as well. He's rewatched the finale about three times and keeps coming up with observations and questions.
    Too bad, Lady Une. You were far too lenient.
    As a soldier, yes. But as a civilian I lived an austere life.

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    I tried cause of all the hype there’s been about it lately but I can’t get into it, it’s too much of a kids show for me. I made it to the 4th or 5th episode and things just got too silly.

Type
    INTP
    In my opinion, the end of the first season is when it starts getting really good, and the second season as a whole is superb.

But if you find the silliness off-putting, then it's probably not worth your while.
    Last edited by TeresaJ; 07-22-2020 at 06:40 PM.

Type
    eNTP
    Yup. Most series, the first season is either the worst, or the second worst. It takes that first season for the actors to get into their characters and the writers to get a good feel for how to best use the actors/characters.

Just imagine what Firefly could have been if it had been allowed to "grow the beard".
    I'm suspicious of people who say they'll die for a flag but won't wear a mask for their neighbor.

Type
    INTP
    Of course now there's a void in our lives. No other kids' show will ever be a good. The second season was a masterpiece. The third season was much more uneven but overall still satisfying.

Now all we can do is maybe rewatch Storybots and work our way through our favorite movies. It might be time to revisit Myst soon, but kiddo hasn't mentioned it much lately and I don't want to force it.

My sister recommended Kipo but kiddo thought it was a bit too surreal, so I guess that eliminates Adventure Time as well.

I don't think he's old enough yet to appreciate Rurouni Kenshin.

His babysitter started reading him Harry Potter. I told kiddo I'd finish reading him the first book but he's on his own for the rest. He'll have to learn to read.