INTP

(8) Meet me half way, right at the borderline
    That's where I'm gonna wait, for you
    I'll be looking out, night n' day
    Took my heart to the limit, and this is where I'll stay
    I can't go any further than this
    I want you so bad it's my only wish (8)

#Fergie-stalgia
    If Biden is the answer... what the fuck was the question?!

Societal egress and ennui Catoptric's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

I'm looking at this and wishing I studied piano.

Pythagoras Circle of Fifths
    Last edited by Catoptric; 02-09-2020 at 09:07 PM.

Type
    INTP

adding

Spoiler: Something I wrote on Quora
    Strangely I was thinking of Thoth and Enoch being correlated (as an “idea” or embodiment of a concept, such as a city built on beliefs and “satanic” thinking. One way of thinking of it is that Hermes/Thoth was a God of merchant traders (hence Pythagoras’ influence from his Father being a merchant from Lebanon) and as traders they could have had a significant movement from within established society. Such an occupation could relay within the underbelly of society and been “movers and shakers;” spreading messengers spreading the news from far off lands if you will. And since what I wrote on another question appears to have a database issue with Quora, I’ll just repost it here and let you decide.
    High IQs and the occult? Any explanations of its relevance? Thoth/Hermes Trismegistus/ Imhotep seems to be a recurring theme among certain high IQ groups. The occult is still running strong among modern polymaths post-Newton? (https://www.quora.com/q/ribyeznwoyzx...er/Ryan-Parr-4)

I’ve been involved with many High-IQ groups (though I’ve never actually submitted membership to any of them) my social media involvement often lands me into the social circles that are involved with such membership—usually above Mensa level—and I have never seen any proactive discussions with the occult or the paranormal. If someone brings up some “out there” thinking on the extraterrestrial, alternative history, or the possibility of supernatural phenomenon existing but without contemporary scientific understanding, usually people will ignore any acknowledgment to the possibility or will outright ridicule (usually ignoring well-thought-out rebuttals after having made ad hominems and attempting to appeal to the whims of contemporary/”popular” sentiment.)

Thoth/Hermes-Trismegistus (and a possible Imhotep connection since they are referenced at the same ancient sites) has become an interesting subject to study, and it delves into a lot of mystery schools like Pythagoras and various sacred geometry themes. Pythagoras came from the city of Tyre where his father had been a merchant, and I can’t help but wonder if the Bible was describing the King of Tyre (Lebanon) as “Satanic” ( (Ezekiel 28:12-19. ) was some reference to the types of thinking described in ancient themes.

What I imply is that you could practically divide the ancient world into two categories, whereby society was challenged to understand the nature of the cosmos and the universe, and how life was constructed; that to understand the fabric of creation you could inevitably evolve and ascend into the realm of godliness.

Recent books by the likes of Billy Carson (who alleges a 140 IQ) quotes poems attributed to Thoth:

And if you examine the possibility that Thoth was involving abstract ideas of how nature works along with consciousness, it might be assumed that such abstract ideas are more conducive to intuitive thinking styles (more predominant in the higher intelligence levels.)

Thoth is represented as a dual serpent winged staff called the Caduceus (akin to a double-helix DNA molecule) and is often compared to the single-serpent Asclepius staff without wings. In antiquity things like this often comprised of alchemical properties (many such aspects are replete within ancient texts, such as Nebuchadnezzar's dream as described by King David, was an alchemical reference,) and Thoth/Herme’s staff could be thought of in such a way:

Sulpher represents the “Spirit of Life,” and along with phosphorus (not referenced in Hermes’ staff) ironically plays a significant role in DNA replication. I also can’t help but think of the Faravahar of Zarathustra/Zoroastrianism.

I’ve examined the subject of the Merkabah (when Enoch—which the author Randall Carlson alleges might be a metaphor for a city of Enoch instead of a real person and when examining the children of Noah could represent ideas and not actual people—who becomes Metatron) and believe it’s referencing the nature of society that identifies with various concepts or ideas. The Merkabah just happens to be a shaped pattern that has a lot of significance to the ‘Star of David’ shape, and when you study things like Kaballah (with the sephirot comprising the ‘Tree of Life’. . .) it becomes evident that shapes play some role in understanding ancient thinking, such as the triangle (some references made to Tetragrammaton make reference to the Merkabah shape and the triangle pattern,) perhaps even the concept of dimensions beyond our 3D meat space. The ancient world revolved around the association of patterns with that of mankind.
    Essentially ancient religions were entirely about genetics and maintaining a balance with the nature of society. Christos means anointing, which in the ancient world implied the anointing of a phallic stone object that Judaism practiced; it was referring to eugenics, such as could be understood by the church being built upon “this rock” with Peter/Petras/”Rock” as it’s the foundation. If thinking of the concept of Luciferianism, Jesus is referred to as the “Morning Star,” and the Vatican has sung Mass with reference to “Lucifer.”

Basically the majority of society has become hoodwinked into thinking religion was anything but eugenics and is a socially engineered project to maintain a balance with nature, and the question of belief as it pertains to consciousness and transcendence. When considering how the pyramid has become adopted by occultic schools of thought (Freemasonry and the dollar bill for example) it could be assumed that the inflation of the dollar is designed to create a greater disparity of wealth, whereby only the most privileged and successful can be allowed to rule society, and the poor serfs are at the bottom of Imhotep's pyramid constructing the path to the top.

I’m not religious but the ideas are inherently religious, and throughout the ancient world the solar disc concept along with wings outstretched, always symbolized the known universe (such as the Egyptian Goddess Nut which influenced Zoroastrianism, and the staff of Thoth is mainly how the Greeks identified with it (and also adopted Christian beliefs through transcribing the Bible from Hebrew into Greek, which culminated into the adoption of it by the Romans.)
    It gets mysterious, though I believe Thoth represents the embodiment of the endocrine gland and the influence of DMT as people experience near-death experience. Over time people would also attribute entheogenic references to religion since it dealt with existential themes. Notice in Egyptian mythology that the only two birds (in addition to a winged reference to Goddess ‘Nut’ who’s outstretched body symbolized the universe) was that of Horus and Thoth, and they used a feather in various context of weighing the heart of a person with the lightness of a feather. The Egyptians thought of birds as “winged souls” but over time birds could also be perceived as “messengers” that carried information to various locations.

Last edited by Catoptric; 02-14-2020 at 03:52 AM.

Type
    INTP

Last edited by Catoptric; 02-15-2020 at 01:48 PM.

Type
    INTx
    She's so adorable and talented. A star in the making.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post

She ruled.

God I miss being a teenage emo, lol.
    Haha. I was a few years above her target market when this song came out, but I always found her territorial lyrics entertaining.

Type
    iNtP

Type
    iNtP

Type
    INTP

American Fotoplayer

Based on the 1914 Banjorchestra

And why real music is infinitely better despite the appeal of mechanical automatons.

It's worth mentioning that a replica was made of that machine (which was just a show machine and not a working one.)
    Last edited by Catoptric; 02-22-2020 at 11:52 PM.

Type
    INTJ
    These are great for the gym/rides/workouts. The first track is great alone. I never feel too oooooold for this!