Type
    xxxx

the lineup is incredible

but coming on after james brown has gotta suuuuuck
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INTP

Last edited by Catoptric; 08-08-2018 at 11:15 AM.

Type
    INTP

A shame she's not with The Agonist any more (hence, no clean vocals), but hey, she still kicks ass, as does Arch Enemy as a band, so I guess I can't complain. Having seen them in concern before, I know they're the real deal, so, will always get my vote. You know a band is legit when their live performance is actually better than they are recorded.

Type
    INTP
    Still not fully sold on this band, but this one is pretty damn catchy:

Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    No history, no exposition, no anecdote or argument changes the invariant: we are all human beings, and some humans are idiots.

Type
    INTP
    LINGUA IGNOTA, the solo project of multidisciplinary artist Kristin Hayter, takes a radical, unflinching approach to themes of violence and vengeance in ways that are moving, brutal, and harrowing. Her music is intentionally situated at specific and strange intersections, incorporating elements of power electronics, death industrial, and black metal alongside baroque classical, spiritual minimalism and folk. Relentless intensity and soaring dramatic arcs are informed by Hayter’s background in classical music, and the major sonic locus of the project is her voice, a dynamic entity that rushes from unhinged screaming to lilting soprano to angular belting with an artistry and ferocity that has drawn comparisons to Diamanda Galas. She is notorious for confrontational live performances that can leave an audience breathless or in tears.

Hayter began classical training at the age of ten with intent to pursue an operatic conservatory track. Instead she developed an interdisciplinary fine arts practice at The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. She continued with graduate work at Brown University, producing a controversial thesis titled BURN EVERYTHING TRUST NO ONE KILL YOURSELF. LINGUA IGNOTA was born out of this thesis which re-contextualized misogynist content as biblically vitriolic anthems for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. A survivor herself, Hayter seeks to give a singularly aggressive voice to the unheard, silenced, and dismissed.

Lingua Ignota self-released two albums in 2017 that garnered noteworthy attention and accolades. She tours and collaborates chiefly with metal-transgressing luminaries The Body.
    Didn't realize this was angry rape-survival music. I've been listening to it often - https://linguaignota.bandcamp.com/album/all-bitches-die
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"

Type
    INTP

Type
    INTP
    Last edited by Catoptric; 08-11-2018 at 05:34 PM.