Page 364 of 364 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364
Results 3,631 to 3,636 of 3636

Thread: What are you listening to?

Type
    XXXX
    Ahhh.. I am going to sleep well tonight.

"Long live the weeds and the wilderness!"

Buy my book

Type
    XXXX
    "Long live the weeds and the wilderness!"

Buy my book

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    INTP
    If anyone wants to check my last visit to a place called Drexel Hall, which was part of St. Joseph’s College dormitory (former ‘Indian Normal School’ that was mostly abandoned since the 1970’s and then renovated to preserve the structure around the time I was visiting,) and if you want some insight into my approach I used (and you have good headphones and don’t mind spending a decent amount of time shifting back and forth between the audio clip to make sense of it,) you can ignore the end sequence when the Popo was on my tail. . . I wasn’t arrested and I didn’t break and enter (I merely checked the exterior windows and realized one was left unlocked and easily crawled inside, and at the end I see an SUV Police vehicle blinking its lights as I was looking down from the top floor where they had apparently spotted me because I stood out in the middle of the snow and it took about 8 minutes to deliberate on how to proceed with me at the building (I parked the car at a grocery store parking lot which would have been by itself, and ran across a field to the building which is isolated along a crop/corn field). My approach at the end was me getting into some observations about what I referred to as the Chapel House and an EVP is very clearly stating “I dare you.” The word sanctuary might not have been a word I would use, and I have wondered if it was myself trying to correct my reference to it as a chapel house because I don’t believe I would have used such a word. An EVP is also clearly noticed replying to my referring to the day as Christmas Day at the beginning (which I’m 100% certain was not me repeating myself.) At about mid-way in the sequence, I notice the camcorder went out and an EVP is first to mention, “the machine’s out,” which I then say, “the camcorder is out,” as a mutter and then louder to acknowledge what was happening (the cold likely affected the battery.)

Though the sound recording was made with a cheaper digital recorder (I would buy a better one after this incident when I was investigating a graveyard and captured one of the best EVP I've ever heard https://www.dropbox.com/s/prlsh044ef...10305.mp3?dl=0 ,) it has some fairly remarkable interactions from the standpoint that a clear intelligence was present from the very beginning.

Entire Drexel Hall 12-25-04 noise reduction.mp3 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/eishnw0k0g...ction.mp3?dl=0)

I suspect the Police just wanted confirmation I wasn't stealing something or homeless (they asked what my employment was which at the time sounded kind of sophisticated, and it was obvious I was from a different state and just happened to have a car from Indiana,) but they might also have heard rumors of the place being haunted, or just figured I was crazy and warned me off. I only explained that I was thinking of coming to the school (a lie) and I appreciated the architecture (kind of true.) If I was as old as I am now they likely would have filed a report and possibly had me arrested for trespassing. I had already visited this building at least 3-4 separate times within a year, and I had actually visited the location the night before Christmas, though only briefly. I was kind of obsessed with studying it and had already had some very interesting encounters during the summer from the year before. At the time I was visiting relatives and monitoring their health, so a theme of death kind of permeated my thought process and compelled me to do something to entertain myself in an otherwise somewhat dismal environment.

A program called Audacity is good but has some quirks.

To go into specific EVP that stand out. . . I'm fairly certain this EVP sounds like an Irish accent (and many Priests would have been Irish if RC. . .) https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvb4fsj8hm...RIGHT.mp3?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2sepgl8dcy...ssiah.mp3?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7s0fgybey...%20ya.mp3?dl=0
    Last edited by Catoptric; Yesterday at 06:03 AM.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Catoptric View Post
    I didn’t break and enter (I merely checked the exterior windows and realized one was left unlocked and easily crawled inside
    That's breaking and entering. And prowling.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    That's breaking and entering. And prowling.
    You are correct, though I assumed 'breaking' as to destroy something; and I'm sure that is how it would have been addressed. It's usually assumed that someone has to enter through a breaking point in a structure via destruction to gain access, and if I had to I would have simply gone right back and never entered the place. Evidently, the term breaking is used to reference separation.

Last edited by Catoptric; Today at 03:21 AM.