Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2020 Burnout

Type
    INTP
    ok then, just keep being miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by NedLudd View Post
    Excuse me but my replies were excellent.
    Best out of the 3, not really high praise

Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    ok then, just keep being miserable.
    Sometimes it's better to be helpful and miserable than selfish and happy, weirdly

Type
    INTP
    I think politics and popular perceptions of politics are wigging me out way more than the virus and lockdowns.

...I wonder if there's any way to mitigate this feeling whenever the next election year comes around.
    Too bad, Lady Une. You were far too lenient.
    As a soldier, yes. But as a civilian I lived an austere life.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaJ View Post
    I think politics and popular perceptions of politics are wigging me out way more than the virus and lockdowns.

...I wonder if there's any way to mitigate this feeling whenever the next election year comes around.
    You're getting a double whammy with Trump and covid.

I mean in the pre-Trump era, did politics ever get you very worked up? Regardless if it was the Republicans or the Democrats in power?

I mean, I can get riled up about a specific issue if I strongly disagree with the policy, but I rarely worry I may be about to encounter a sea change in the functioning of democracy. I suspect if Trump goes, it will be back to normal (as in, politics as usual) - although it is not impossible (perhaps not even improbable) that Trump will run again in 2024 if he gets defeated, and accepts it, and avoids jail time for something or other.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Senseye View Post
    You're getting a double whammy with Trump and covid.

I mean in the pre-Trump era, did politics ever get you very worked up? Regardless if it was the Republicans or the Democrats in power?

I mean, I can get riled up about a specific issue if I strongly disagree with the policy, but I rarely worry I may be about to encounter a sea change in the functioning of democracy. I suspect if Trump goes, it will be back to normal (as in, politics as usual) - although it is not impossible (perhaps not even improbable) that Trump will run again in 2024 if he gets defeated, and accepts it, and avoids jail time for something or other.
    I was devastated when GWB won a second term. I thought he was so obviously incompetent I really didn't understand how half the country could be living in a totally different reality.

I wised up pretty quickly after that, but politics still got to me. I was cautiously optimistic about Obama until he won and made his cabinet appointments. Then I saw it was just going to be the Clinton administration all over again.

I'm pretty cynical but I dislike conflict. So whenever it's campaign season my personal dispair combines with the energetic and malevolent idiocy of people and media all around me and I just..... hate it.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaJ View Post
    I was devastated when GWB won a second term. I thought he was so obviously incompetent I really didn't understand how half the country could be living in a totally different reality.

I wised up pretty quickly after that, but politics still got to me. I was cautiously optimistic about Obama until he won and made his cabinet appointments. Then I saw it was just going to be the Clinton administration all over again.

I'm pretty cynical but I dislike conflict. So whenever it's campaign season my personal dispair combines with the energetic and malevolent idiocy of people and media all around me and I just..... hate it.
    Stop watching news. Stop watching it on TV, on the internet, etc. I had to do this when my anxiety was at its apex during cancer treatment. I also only listened to Jazz or classical music (mostly classical).

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    Stop watching news. Stop watching it on TV, on the internet, etc. I had to do this when my anxiety was at its apex during cancer treatment. I also only listened to Jazz or classical music (mostly classical).
    Yeah...... I only read a little bit of news, but I get it from other people - significant other, coworkers, here. :/

I think part if it, too, is that I'm overwhelmingly focused on predictions regarding the experience of the next generation (my kid) whereas if I broaden that to the next ten generations, it's maybe not as bad overall.
    Too bad, Lady Une. You were far too lenient.
    As a soldier, yes. But as a civilian I lived an austere life.

Type
    INTP
    I'm in a state of perpetual shock that all my deepest fears regarding Big Brother came true all at once.

I'm highly anxious and apprehensive but I've been keeping busy & productive as a way to channel that agitated energy.. and as a result I'm probably at least a stone under weight. That's a bummer, because I really don't want to be under weight, I want to be strong. I'm really gonna have to find a way to slow down and eat sometime soon.

For a Perceiver, I do surprise myself with my random and prolonged bursts of "J"ness I can get. There's not a single thing I should be doing that's not already done. I've also picked up some part time sales work. It's nothing huge, but it's helping pay for some things. Mostly I'm hoping to learn some transferable skills for changing work practices under the Great Reset. I've never really been business inclined, largely because of all the networking that is required and the fact I prefer being a recluse - but needs must. I'll do whatever I have to, to keep up with the curve.

98% of my family and friends think Covid is a fraud so the virus it's self isn't really affecting us, the only thing bothering us is Big Brother. I've spent the last two days downloading everything off the internet I can see being censored in future. So much stuff has already disappeared... I'm downloading all my favourites before Big Tech obliterate and burn all the books.

I still can't believe people are okay with modern day book burning.
    These are the things that pain my soul.
    If Biden is the answer... what the fuck was the question?!

>> Insert ad hominem <<