Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: You Might be an INTP!

  1. #1
    Persona Oblongata OrionzRevenge's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Shambala Road
    Posts
    3,274

    You Might be an INTP!

    Pulling this over for a reason I'll explain in the "New Members" thread over in feedback.

    Quote Originally Posted by OzR View Post
    After the style of Jeff Foxworthy, jokes about the INTP condition.
    Add yours.


    If you are sitting alone just passively watching pedestrians and a passing patrolman gives you a dirty look...
    You Might Be An INTP!

    If then a super effervescent person comes over to cheer you from your pensive solitude
    and you stab them with a compass...
    You Might Be An INTP!

    If they then say that you could improve your foul attitude by playing some upbeat music
    and you stab them again...
    You Might Be An INTP!

    If you can't remember your SO's birthday but you ace Jeopardy...
    You Might Be An INTP!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    If you've ever forgone basic/hygeine or bodily functions because they were a "waste of time"...
    Quote Originally Posted by nonperson View Post
    If you have completely disassembled a machine to find why it isn't working, found out you hadn't switched it on, and then never put the machine back together again (but you could if you wanted)........
    You Might Be An INTP!
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    When you plan for months to go on a trip, but fail to organise accommodation thinking you'll cruise around and just stay at the nicest looking cheap place, then arrive to find everything is fully booked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    If you've ever daydreamed so hard while you were walking that you suddenly looked around to find yourself half a mile from where you were supposed to be going.
    Quote Originally Posted by squats View Post
    if you have ever realized that everybody in the world is the same brand of wrong, and that the only way to relieve the pressure of conformity is to create a machine to saw your own head off, thus abrogating any cowardice you might otherwise experience in completing the action, only to fail long enough at the design of said machine to live a few more years and eventually be beaten into subservience by the world until you finally give up your childish dreams of escaping and end up a tedious little windsock self-erecting with any little idea or idealist that drifts into your pathetic event horizon
    Quote Originally Posted by Works View Post
    ... you scored higher on I than E, N than S, T than F, P than J.
    Quote Originally Posted by composer View Post
    If you walk around with your fly unzipped because you keep forgetting to zip it, you might be an INTP!
    Quote Originally Posted by OzR View Post
    When your house sinks 6 inches on its foudation due to Book Load...
    You Might Be An INTP!

    If someone ask you a question and then they get aggravated because you made an effort to offer them a meaningful answer giving the necessary background, the various preconditions that would alter the various answers, other couched provisos, and twenty seven 8x10 color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one...
    You Might Be An INTP!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWrite3000 View Post
    If you completely forget you're in the shower long enough to empty the entire hot water tank every fucking time
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    If you make obscure references in daily conservation even though you know the person that you're talking to has no idea what you're saying... you might be an INTP.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpousoulas View Post
    if your friend says to you that he stopped lifting weights cause its too boring and you tell him "what if you lifted two thai girls instead of weights" then you might be an INTP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonduman View Post
    if you put something down then needed it 5 seconds later and had to search the entire house for it...
    although about half the time I do that it turns out it was in my hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    If people say "I like your shirt" and you have to look down to remember which shirt you're wearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonduman View Post
    if someone asks "how are you?" and it takes you 5minutes of intense concentration to answer
    alternately may be met with general bewilderment.

    darn ruined my own snappy statement with hypotheticals. If you find you are arguing with yourself, you're probably an INTP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamel View Post
    So guilty of this.

    If you start spouting out customers total amount of purchase in quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies. You may be an INTP.

    If you continuously tell yourself not to forget something and you leave the house, drive halfway to your destination only to realize that you've forgotten what you tried so hard not to forget.
    Quote Originally Posted by helium View Post
    If you've ever left all the clocks in your home set somewhere around eight and a half minutes ahead or 13 minutes ahead, to trick yourself into avoiding being late for appointments; but you don't set it ten or 15 minutes ahead, because those numbers are too predictable and easy to compensate for, and you'll wind up being late to everything anyway. Then you might be an INTP.

    If you took the formal MBTI and, in response to every question and multiple choice answer, you said to yourself, "There are no right answers here!" or "It depends on the circumstance!" then you might be an INTP. Furthermore, if you took such an assessment and wrote full answers in the margins rather than select a particular bubble as the closest response available, you're definitely an INTP.
    Quote Originally Posted by M1n1f1g View Post
    If your initial response to mockery is to question the mocker's logic, or teach them about why they are incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robb View Post
    If you've ever derailed a thread for a philosophical debate on the usefulness of kitchen utensils in modern society.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    If you think lawns are plots of land used exclusively for middle-aged men to grow nothing of value in front of their houses and have a pissing contest about who does it the best all in an effort to promote the property value based on arbitrary conceptions of value.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    When it got to the astronomically rare mutation...I cackled.

    If younglings like you because you answer their questions thoughtfully instead of getting annoyed...
    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    If you waste time at work by using the internet to read up on the Higgs boson.
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    When you watch a commercial for stain remover and become preoccupied with the fact that the grass stains on the kids' clothing are not in the places they logically should have been in if the kids had actually been out playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    If you always buy your food in the drive-through and immediately pull into a parking spot to eat in your car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxx View Post
    More P than anything else: You really wanted to do something earlier, but now that you have the opportunity to do so, you really don't feel like doing it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by teleforce View Post
    if you're preoccupied with something (reading, writing, watching something, thinking, etc.) and your body is shivering but you don't even realize it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxx View Post
    ^ Or suddenly realizing that you're about to pass out with hunger.
    Quote Originally Posted by teleforce View Post
    or suddenly realizing that what felt like five minutes was really five hours. hahah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxx View Post
    Yup! Completely forgetting what day, time, month, year or even current location because you're so absorbed in your head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Subetei View Post
    If you're sitting on Christmas Eve and reading this thread because you don't care it is Christmas Eve. Just another retarded holiday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonduman View Post
    lol. someone once asked if I was looking forward to counting down the new-year, on new-years eve. I replied that I didnt see much significance to adding another number on to the large-scale arbitrary counting that helps us keep track of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage420 View Post
    If you stay up for 26 hours straight finishing a Super Alarm Clock App.. while missing work the next day due to over sleeping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    Watching The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe on TV. They haven't had a Christmas in 100 years. It's always Winter and never Christmas. Is that INTP world?

    Just wondering...
    Quote Originally Posted by OzR View Post
    LOL, I like that. Welcome to Forum BTW.
    and it reminds me

    When you've been laid-off, spending your last stack without prospect, and reason that the escapist appeal of a new book makes it a worthwhile investment...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage420 View Post
    Thanks! Great group of people here.

    If you continuously catch your self staring at your empty fish tank for hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage420 View Post
    Another one..

    If you think you have a cat therefore you do, but at the same time its dead and alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by OzR View Post
    ^^^ This video takes way too long, but most excellent use of a first-person-shooter.

    [YOUTUBE="1TtyfjJ5MgE"]9 minutes of lecture for 1 minute of lab[/YOUTUBE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuri View Post
    If you read something or watch something and root for the bad guy because the good guy is disgustingly well-adjusted.



    Ugh. I do that, and I'm a girl.



    In that vein...

    If you take 10 minutes to make a Chess move because you want to come up with every possible possibility. (And I look like such a retard doing it.)



    And they tell me I take things too seriously... it's not like I don't know it's just mocking
    Quote Originally Posted by squats View Post
    If you have ever hypothesized something beyond a mere turducken that would contain a baked noah's ark of every species on earth with yourself stretched like a hot water balloon at the surface.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikamickmac View Post
    When you don't pay your utility bills on time simply because you can't be bothered, even though you have the capacity to do so. And then, when the utility company rings you up and asks you when you are going to pay, you say "soon". And then they ask "within two days?", you say "possibly". "And will that be by electronic funds transfer?", "Maybe". All the time, you have the capacity to make the funds transfer while they utility company is on the phone. You have nothing to do, but doing nothing seems more interesting than paying a bill. And you don't want to make the commitment to paying by a certain method by a particular date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauvesoul View Post
    Q: How many INTP's does it take to change a lightbulb?

    A: 5+ INTP's plus the janitor. All the INTP's postulate what energy is, different ways of generating it, the most efficient way of distributing it on a mass scale, and so on. While the janitor unscrews the old lightbulb and puts in a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    You might be an INTP if you've ever spent an entire afternoon trying to figure out the best way to solve a problem you have and were unsucessful, but still don't consider it a waste of time, because you ended up thinking of a good idea for something completely unrelated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonduman View Post
    if your forum doesnt have a "Do I drink too much?" thread but has instead a "Do I think too much?" thread
    Quote Originally Posted by M1n1f1g View Post
    If you have a theory which all of your friends think is untrue, but you still believe it. Then if you ask about it on an online forum, and they disagree but you still believe it. Then you ask an expert on the subject, they disagree, but you still believe it to be correct. And of course, they're all just being narrow-minded and thoughtless!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikamickmac View Post
    If, when your 7th grade geography teacher asks the class if cloud movement could possibly be a perception caused by the earth rotating in a field of stationary clouds, you actually take a moment to ponder the suggestion before joining in the laughter of your class mates
    Quote Originally Posted by last_caress View Post
    if you've paid for gas and then driven away without putting any in your car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brimmely View Post
    If you get out of the shower, then end up wearing a towel for the rest of the day, even though it only takes about two minutes to put on clothes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugrnaut View Post
    If while taking a break and relaxing before completing? an assignment that would take 2 hours tops, you spend 2 hours each learning about mantis shrimp (including cavitation bubbles, Stoke's Parameters, etc.), coming up with a novel design for a yacht that can fly in the ground-effect zone, and develop a strong opinion about the types of jokes that will be prevalent during interstellar colonization trips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    If you've ever seriously contemplated letting shit pile up in your house so the people from Hoarders show up and clean it for you.

  2. #2
    Homo siderius Sistamatic's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,554
    INTPx Award Winner
    If you and your INTP brother go to the store on Christmas Eve trying to find some weird thing no one ever heard of that you won't be using for it's intended purpose anyway because you are trying an experiment. You find yourself trying to explain it to someone who isn't going to get it no matter how hard they try but who is determined to help you anyway, and then when you leave empty-handed you realize that both of you must have assumed the other one was paying attention to where you parked because that's what your spouses do.

  3. #3
    Persona Oblongata OrionzRevenge's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Shambala Road
    Posts
    3,274
    ^^^This is me at the hardware store.

    Getting bolts and wingnuts or whatnot, and the attendant wanting to help by asking what am I going to be doing.... and knowing there is no way in hell his expertize covers making bi-axial movements for the stage of a home-brewed Microscope.

  4. #4
    Homo siderius Sistamatic's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,554
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionzRevenge View Post
    ^^^This is me at the hardware store.

    Getting bolts and wingnuts or whatnot, and the attendant wanting to help by asking what am I going to be doing.... and knowing there is no way in hell his expertize covers making bi-axial movements for the stage of a home-brewed Microscope.
    Have you seen this?

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...xpert-kit.html

  5. #5
    <3 gator's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,432
    INTPx Award Winner
    You have an entire conversation with someone before you realize that you haven't bothered to introduce yourself or ask their name.

  6. #6
    Homo siderius Sistamatic's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,554
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    You have an entire conversation with someone before you realize that you haven't bothered to introduce yourself or ask their name.
    Good one. I once taught an entire first class of the semester without bothering to say who I was.

  7. #7
    Persona Oblongata OrionzRevenge's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Shambala Road
    Posts
    3,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    Yeppers, Someone posted it about a year ago elsewhere.
    Might have been jyng1, hep, or Stiggy????

    Not bad intro project, and they used the wing-nuts as thumbscrews like my ideas (albeit my ideas are more efficient & ergonomic ).

    Of course, all props belong to
    Leeuwenhoek for thumbscrew adjustments. With his small 'Glass Bead' lens he saw the "Animalcules" (Bacteria, Protozoa, and Algae) in a drop of pond water on the needle tip.


  8. #8
    Shiny and New Charde's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Beltway Baltimore
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    If you and your INTP brother go to the store on Christmas Eve trying to find some weird thing no one ever heard of that you won't be using for it's intended purpose anyway because you are trying an experiment. You find yourself trying to explain it to someone who isn't going to get it no matter how hard they try but who is determined to help you anyway, and then when you leave empty-handed you realize that both of you must have assumed the other one was paying attention to where you parked because that's what your spouses do.
    Ha, NICE.

    One of the hardest parts about being single (honestly) has been wandering around parking lots looking for my wheels. At least I'm getting exercise.

  9. #9
    Persona Oblongata OrionzRevenge's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Shambala Road
    Posts
    3,274
    When a light-hearted conversation begins:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurast View Post
    That reminds me of a good one! ...

    but ends:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurast View Post
    ...If the universe is less than 14 billion years old how can the visible universe be over 90 billion light years across? Nothing mystical about this. The universe is expanding and the speed of light is finite. The edge of the visible universe looks like it's close to 14 billion light years away, but the light we see from there is very, very old. A galaxy that we see there is in reality much, much farther away in proper distance.

    But the universe isn't really all that big. If you were to print one novel for each unique 100,000 character-long permutation of the characters of the Roman alphabet, they would fill a volume dozens of orders of magnitude larger than the visible universe. To be fair, that's quite a lot of books: 26^100,000 of them.
    You Might be an INTP!

    Creativity is the residue of time wasted. ~ Albert Einstein

  10. #10
    creator kali's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,303
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    You have an entire conversation with someone before you realize that you haven't bothered to introduce yourself or ask their name.
    When youre in a new uni class and a girl sits next to you and asks "Sorry what was your name again?" just to be friendly and you answer "I never told you my name before"

Similar Threads

  1. INTP + INTP couples
    By JollyBard in forum Inter-Type Relationships
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 05-15-2016, 03:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •