Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cryptocurrency tips

Type
    INTP

Cryptocurrency tips

Post your tips for up & coming coins, expected market movements, exchange news, whatever. Educated assessments of little-known coins (i.e. ones that haven't hit major exchanges yet) are the most valuable kind of information in this game, IMO. If you can get into a coin while difficulty is low and while it's establishing it's value from the bottom up, you can be looking at orders of magnitude returns, which is obviously what you're aiming at if you're a smart cryptocurrency nerd.

In that spirit, my tip of the moment is: DarkCoin. It's kinda blowing up, and my assessment is that it's significantly undervalued. It's also one of the few actually promising coins in terms of the tech behind it, and what it's attempting to offer above its competition.

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Wow, I guess I'm the only other one besides prometheus who is not very active.

I prefer to find a coin with low difficulty and high reward and mine them till I get tired of them or something else comes up. I did this with infinitecoin and I was getting 300000 of them a day. I stopped when everybody jumped on them and my share dropped to 30000 a day. Shorty after that they were in high demand and I sold a bunch of them and made a grip o cash. My next choice that panned out was dogecoin and I mined ~50000 of them. I sold those when they went in demand too.

Between my hording mining for large numbers, I make my decision of what to mine based on these websites as well as if I can get a good share based on how many folk are in the pool:
    http://dustcoin.com/mining
    http://coinmarketcap.com/
    http://coinchoose.com/

My equipment isn't very powerful but I use a few of my client's computers are night. I have a program that runs the console prog minerd without putting it in the task bar. This has netted me 14 workers I use regularly.

I mined mooncoin for a week and the pool seemed to be abandoned. My shares show but multiple emails about payout have done nothing. So I joined another mooncoin pool and mined a couple days and no pay out. May something is wrong with mooncoin or two pools are scams.

Currently I'm almost to a million Saturncoins. I don't know if it will go anywhere- the logo is hokey and it's out of India. Soon I'll look for something else to mine.

Sadly I've been harassed by both eBay and PayPal so I don't yet know how I'll unload them when I want some money. Prices have tanked recently so it'll be a while before they recover. I'm still swing trading on btc-e, bter, and cryptsy and I'm going to do a little bit on coinbase.

Any project I put a lot of work into that has a butload of links I make a link page for it so I don't have to hunt around through bookmarks like so:

Most of my link pages use icons because they are easier to process quickly but all these mining pools and non logo having sites warranted the use of text.
    Last edited by LordLatch; 02-12-2014 at 02:44 AM.
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by latch View Post
    So you generally offload your mined coins via ebay rather than using exchanges?

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I was doing that.

Mostly I mine the coins and trade them on the exchanges but doge I sold on eBay. During the frenzy in December and November, I bought parts of bitcoin, traded them for whatvercoin people were buying, and sold them on eBay for 2ce what they were worth when I could until eBay got flooded with listings on that coin driving the price down. Then I would switch up to something else.

I haven't found a faster way to extract fiat to pay my bills than eBay. Now I'm unable do that, so I need to find a new way to get it in a timely manner when I need it.

How do you offload?
    Last edited by LordLatch; 02-12-2014 at 06:30 AM.
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

Type
    INTP
    I don't think I've actually cashed anything out to USD yet. If I wanted to I'd probably go through btc-e.

What will you mine next after saturncoin? Are you gpu mining?

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Now that I have a million of those, I moved 7 of my workers to netcoins to see how that goes.

I have three computers that can gpu mine. I had a much better card but I sold it. The computers that can mine gpu, I also mine with the cpu, but I limit the threads so one cpu is free to feed the graphics card or else there is no gain. There's usually a balance that yields a little more.

I had to let my main box(8 core) cross over to the dark side(nVidea) because I needed some cuda cores to render in Blender. It(gtx 650) can mine but not very much(about as much as a decent quad core cpu)

Then I have an HD4870 in one computer and an HD6770(pictured on one of those quotes above) in another. That room is toasty with 5 computers mining- excellent for the winter.

I've had to 'repair' my dogecoin wallet twice now.

When I remember, I go here to get free bitcoin parts.
    Last edited by LordLatch; 02-12-2014 at 03:53 PM.

Type
    INTP
    I hope y'all took Uncle Deckard's advice and invested in DarkCoin a week ago.

https://c-cex.com/index.html?p=drk-btc

Type
    INTP
    I'm new to these forums, and will have more time to go into this later, but check these out. I highly suggest reading about these, and watching them. I expect the last one to really blow up soon, and the first one is revolutionary (the currency part is actually not the important part...it is so much more). The middle is a great idea, better developed at this point than it's competition, and should do well.

http://www.ethereum.org/

https://counterparty.co/

http://www.reddcoin.com/

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post

Sadly, no. I did not have an account where I could buy some nor did I have any free money to buy them with, but you were right! How did you find/pick them? Just off the announcement or some other voodoo?
    Last edited by LordLatch; 02-22-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post

Wow, I wish I had. I didn't know anything about DarkCoin before, but had I read over that I would have likely dropped a bitcoin or two into it. There are a lot of people in the crypto world who are looking for truly anonymous transactions. Going to keep an eye on this one.