Thread: Forum browsing and posting preferences

Type
    INTP

Forum browsing and posting preferences

Upon creating your account, what were some of the first settings you tweaked with?

I disable signatures. Not that I have seen any so far that I would prefer not to see. Mostly, they interfere with my flow of reading the thread. Worst case scenarios, they aggravate me in the same way the sound of a mosquito at night aggravates me.

Also, I enable invisible mode. Not because I don't want people to see me online (obviously admin accounts can see me regardless), but because I'm a little embarrassed about the amount of time I spend on a forum.

Type
    INTP
    I just tweak things like threads-per-page and which editor is used (basic, wysiwyg, etc). This apart from the really first things, like avatars and such, anyhow.

Type
    INTP
    All I do on a vbulletin is tweak the posts per page to a lot and the time zone appropriately.

Type
    INTP
    I go invisible, set user title if available, adjust the posts per page (10 is ridiculous), check out any alternate skins available before the feel of the local default sets in, make sure I can subscribe to threads, make sure my time zone is correct, and make sure I won't be getting a bunch of fluff email. I also set the editor to WYSIWYG. I'm lazy like that.

Then, I see if I can friend myself. Some places you can. Here you can't, though you can set yourself as a contact. Not quite the same feel though.

I'm also the sort of jerk who checks the ala carte menu in restaurants to see if I can get an order of biscuits and an order of gravy for less than the price of an order of biscuits and gravy.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    i usually change the avatar. i just tried that here, though, and the image looked low quality enough to be distracting to me (what's up with that? is it just me?). i'm not that picky, but i do have to find something that doesn't distract me, or i'll stay avatar-less.

@rep: the image wasn't resized. it's probably the kind of thing most people wouldn't notice, tbh. i'm not sure but i tried out the same av i'm using on intpc.
    Last edited by jigglypuff; 12-23-2013 at 05:58 AM.

Senior Member Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    infj
    I just go invisibly and sometimes diddle with the post per page. Then I get around to getting an avatar that 'fits'.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Make myself invisible, use the fullest editor that's not WYSIWYG, sometimes maximize posts per page to make manual searching easier, correct time zone, linear view if it's an option, and turn off all email notifications, including from the administrator.

BIOTCH
    Visible, Visible, Visible. isn't the point of a forum visible communication?