Page 390 of 392 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392 LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 3912

Thread: What are you Watching?

Societal egress and ennui Catoptric's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Starts about 7 minutes in (long intro. . .) RT review (it kind of sucks as an over-drawn out failed comedy, but appeals to being a timecapsule of Hollywood.)

Listening to a 1978 speech by Milton Friedman: 'Equality and Freedom in the Free Enterprise System'

Noam Chomsky on Trump’s Troop Surge to Democratic Cities & Whether He’ll Leave Office If He Loses

Doctors protesting at the Supreme Court arguing for hydroxychloroquine (and zinc) and making the obvious argument that masks can't filter viruses, when a crazy guy calls them tools for Trump and tries to prevent them from continuing. . . He even had a 'I am Jesus Christ' thing on the front of his shirt, and a BLM matter paper poster covering a trailer cart on wheels dragged behind his bike. His mask also was insufficient for filtering any of the air he was shouting over because it had rubbed thin from where his nose was dragging up and down as he shouted.

“Hearts of Desire “- Full Movie shows Isaac Kappy
    (IMDB) at about 25 minutes in who died in a similar desert environment on route 66 (a month after Tom Hanks posted a reference to a glove on Route 66 after Kappy "outed" him as a pedo, and further posted a handkerchief reference a day before it was announced that Kappy had died)

It's a bit weird that the other day I was thinking about classmates from middle school (which I never do, and I never followed up with any of them when I moved away, though I believe I spotted one of them once but didn't ask them if it was) and the very next day one of the classmates who I never spoke much even then, interacts on Facebook. It turns out this COVID thing might have incidentally caused a divorce and she was reaching out with people (presumably just to catch up. . .) She remained in that area and became an educator, and I was regaling in how I felt about the school district (it seemed more inclined to a better environment for whatever reason, which I felt was disappearing the closer to the Dallas area.)

I didn't talk much (though she seemed to insinuate my wall of text was not expected, and that she and I had a stutter during middle school,) other than my pointing out that I had ear infections since early on, and my believing my parents were narcissists contributed to either a schizoid or CPTSD behavior (and evidently she was certified in behavioral therapy due to specializing in it but was unfamiliar with CPTSD, and didn't seem to know what I was describing about a therapy in which the eye movement is used to displace anxiety and emotional memory; called EMDR.) I suspect the interaction was slightly awkward for a number of reasons, maybe even because I was using a computer to type on instead of a cell phone (which might explain why most social media interactions are complete shit.) Also, I think she realized that my parents divorced since the beginning of elementary, and I didn't want to bring up how that affected me (or as much as I'm aware without being able to know any diffrently with its effect on me, and it sort of highlighted how overcoming social issues would be much easier when in context of empathy, which is not easy as society would otherwise be much better.)

Looking back I think fondly of some of the books I read, and this movie seems like a decent adaption to how I interpreted the story (though I suspected the protagonist was slightly younger.) I still have the book as I collected them over time.

Full movie / https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Giver

It also goes along with what I've felt since even before middle school. . .

When did you first realize you were different from everyone else?
    When did you realize society was worse than you realized?
    Last edited by Catoptric; 07-30-2020 at 01:18 AM.

Type
    INTP

Last edited by Catoptric; 07-30-2020 at 09:41 AM.

Type
    INTP
    Last edited by Catoptric; 07-30-2020 at 09:49 PM.

Type
    INTJ
    This dude is spot on. The BBC = WBC - The Woke Broadcasting Channel.

Everything is woke. They won't show anything that doesn't toe the line. Woke news, woke drama, woke period pieces.

Type
    INTP

January 2007 Central NY Ghost Hunters cnygh-evp.mp3 recorded in a hotel where apparently no grandfather clock was present the entire time they were recording, but evidently can be heard, and no males were there, and yet a distinct, "hey baby" is heard?

I know it's possible that a recording can extend on for a length of time with noticeable EVP, though it can be a bit confusing to distinguish how accurate their description of what took place actually did (I assume they were simply sitting on the staircase as claimed, and a female hotel employee was also present--though was she opening a door that screeched, and can the microphone pick up more sound than they were aware of?

Last edited by Catoptric; 08-02-2020 at 03:11 AM.

Type
    INTP

WHY MOZART DID NOT BECOME MICHAEL JACKSON
    Mozart's movements and behaviour: a case of Tourette's syndrome?

One argument is the Magic Flute was revealing Masonic rituals and Mozart was poisoned to prevent him from making more revelations about the symbolism. He seems to have created Masonic influenced pieces since the age of 16, and he is one of the few people you could honestly say probably knew members of the genuine (historically known) Illuminati without actually being a conspiracy theorist, since he was a Freemason himself at age 28, at a Vienna lodge, “Zur Wohltätigkeit” (translated: Charity.) It seems fitting he was buried in a paupers grave if this was the case. . .

Of course, it could just be the stress of being overworked as well as the toxic lifestyle people were sometimes exposed to, could have easily resulted in not taking much-needed sabbaticals. It wasn't uncommon that people died young(er) as Mozart himself nearly did.

Similarly: Beethoven and the Illuminati

Last edited by Catoptric; 08-02-2020 at 11:36 PM.

Type
    INTP
    Last edited by Catoptric; 08-02-2020 at 04:22 PM.

Type
    INTP
    Last edited by Catoptric; 08-02-2020 at 11:40 PM.

Type
    INTP

Excerpts of AOC confronting people in the House of Representatives (or wherever.)

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/1432...-h/14328-h.htm
    Boethius (6th century philosophy)

Interesting. . . And something I've heard about from time to time. . . Obviously a lot speculation and potentially/probably dubious ideas.

Listening (Medication/meditation time?)

Pizzagate Video Playlist
    World's Most Evil Invention - SNL
    Last edited by Catoptric; 08-04-2020 at 12:48 AM.