XXXX
    "Long live the weeds and the wilderness!"

Type
    XXXX
    @Madrigal Country!

"Long live the weeds and the wilderness!"

Type
    INTP

Last edited by Catoptric; 01-11-2019 at 03:35 AM.

Type
    INTP
    Last edited by Catoptric; 01-12-2019 at 04:58 AM.

Type
    INFP
    Lyrics are incomprehensible but probably NSFW. This is what I wind up doing when I'm playing on the phone and the dog falls asleep on my lap.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    INTP
    Some guy named Aghor Bhadra on Quora was commenting on, 'Do Ghosts Really Exist?' and mentione Tantra and Aghori (video below)

I suspect stuff like this goes back several thousand years.

Type
    INTP

Last edited by Catoptric; 01-12-2019 at 04:08 PM.

Type
    INTP

Last edited by Catoptric; 01-13-2019 at 04:29 AM.

Type
    INTP

Jacob's Ladder is a Biblical reference (one of which I guarantee the vast majority of people are completely ignorant of.)

The movie is an allusion to the biblical Jacob (whose brother was a warrior; Jacob was a lover and not a fighter, etc.) but also the allusion of ‘Jacob’s Ladder’ is a reference to the spinal column. Throughout antiquity the spine—which is also a serpent reference—has been believed to be connected to chakra’s and serpent references; the “Apple” in the Garden of Eden was likely an entheogen, and probably a mushroom. When Jacob is “wrestling with an Angel” on Mt. Peniel (“Face of God”) it was an allusion to the idea—that to see god is to die—of death and how the sense of transcendence over life and death is incorporated. Jacob in the movie is wrestling with his demons from the war and is “tripping balls” when the dropper bottle is introduced. Evidently, an LSD reference is being made, and the “holy water” might well be some kind of reference for “Christ Consciousness,” so he was basically exorcizing his demons.

If Jesus was a metaphor for “dying” and resurrecting (and thus the New Testament alludes to ‘Jesus’ is a construct of eponym used to convey a deeper meaning) then perhaps the Apostles of Christ were basically conveying some other aspect of “higher consciousness” that people wouldn’t understand in any other way than as an allusion to someone’s message? Doesn’t it seem kind of odd that they didn’t have their own message (similar to Plato being a mouthpiece for Socrates; was it Plato alluding to someone who became famous after his death?)

Whether or not people actually become possessed by unseen entities has been debated by those open-minded to what religions talk about (many Priest will admit that human psychology will play some role, though if things like poltergeist activity are connected to such events, it would be interesting to try and make sense of it in such a way.) Clearly in this movie it is something playing on the human psyche, and I suppose the Director wanted people to wake up to what the Bible “REALLY” talked about.

To reiterate:
    The reference is to how the spinal column (Jacob's Ladder) is connected to an entheogen phenomenon (and encountering one's own "demons.") The Bible was making plenty of allusions to the spinal column (Jacob's Ladder is a metaphor for it,) just as "Jesus" died at 33 (33 vertebrae in the spine.) It should be mentioned that the mountain that Jacob "wrestled with an Angel" was Peniel which means "Face of God." That when people see god, they normally are "dead" (which is why in the movie 'Jacob's Ladder’ a scene which happened to be omitted from the film release makes a reference to LSD and holy water in a dropper bottle, and Jacob is alluded to having "died" in the movie.) If you look at medieval art they often make plenty of references to mushrooms (which is why some believe Jesus is a metaphor.) It's a hard thing for some people to come to take this approach to religion (and eventually when you study the meaning will become obvious; just as the Phrygian cap has been symbolically represented as a mushroom to some extent, which denoted the emancipation from societal control/ego/enslavement,) and it makes me wonder if "holy water" is mushroom extract reference as well.

So knowing it wasn’t perhaps a literal interpretation for the spinal column (it was symbolic) it should also be understood that ancient religions often tried to make sense of things that could often take on some symbolic metaphor; they were trying to make sense of things which defied conventional understanding and observation.

And no I am not promoting “drugs” nor do I support doing so, however, I should mention that people that have engaged with such things for medicinal practices have had surprising benefit from it, and it’s the same reason that meditation (same as prayer?) is also beneficial. . .

We are likely just beginning to learn what the ancient world understood as truth (and why it seems evident that even in this day and age people must resort to metaphor to convey understanding to things we are not prepared for.)

Perhaps everything I just said makes absolutely no sense to you in this context, and it is just a movie?

Also it's free to watch if you have an Amazon Prime subscription.

Psychointegration (pdf)

Just posting this here

Last edited by Catoptric; 01-14-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Type
    INTP
    Last edited by Catoptric; 01-14-2019 at 10:09 AM.