Page 302 of 308 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 3079

Thread: What are you Watching?

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    Anyone watching Better Call Saul?

Spoiler: spoilers
    This was a really excellent episode, it's good to see the quality of this show is continuing as it goes on. I loved how intense the Gene scene was. You felt paranoid with him. I wonder if that's going to actually go anywhere?

Mike actually doing his job was amazing as well. Jonathan Banks is getting old, though. I hope he doesn't have any health problems.

The final scene and the "cross to bear" comment wad painful. Jimmy's a real piece of shit. I guess he was just happy to let someone else take the blame, even though the whole situation was his fault.

Type
    INTP

Type
    INTP

Type
    INTP

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by NedLudd View Post
    Anyone watching Better Call Saul?

This was a really excellent episode, it's good to see the quality of this show is continuing as it goes on. I loved how intense the Gene scene was. You felt paranoid with him. I wonder if that's going to actually go anywhere?

Mike actually doing his job was amazing as well. Jonathan Banks is getting old, though. I hope he doesn't have any health problems.

The final scene and the "cross to bear" comment wad painful. Jimmy's a real piece of shit. I guess he was just happy to let someone else take the blame, even though the whole situation was his fault.
    Yes!

I guess I should have known that Chuck was a goner, but I wasn't prepared for how abrupt the disappearance was. Even though the story of their rivalry had run its course, I was sad to see the character gone.

That comment at the end seemed a bit off. If this is his moment of "Breaking Bad," it still seems a bit forced to have Jimmy pivot to full douchebag. I hope the writers aren't going for something as simple as the fact he blames himself for his brother's death and immediately it's going to be jerk "Saul" now. Their story-making is not so lazy. I think we are maybe mid-decline in terms of what he has to lose. I had always figured losing Kim would be his rock bottom. We will see.

The episode was good. Mr oxy complained that it was too slow, even by its own standards.

Type
    INTP

Last edited by Catoptric; 08-11-2018 at 07:18 PM.

Type
    INTP

Quora discusses the stereotype, of black people being lazy.

It probably isn't wrong to assume that a self-fulfilling prophecy was created out of the history of slavery; that a chattel property was rendered "broken" with an external-locus of control. Too often it's easier to go with the socially "tolerated" or "expected" outcome of behavior, much as a slutty strumpet plays on to the coy sensibility of slut expectations; so too are "gangstas" playing into the social norms.

Apparently Shem, brother of Cain and Abel, is referenced to being Malchizedek, and is referenced to being involved with the creation of the Babylonian Talmud, and in reference to Shinar (Babylon.) Usually it's assumed that Babylon contributed to modern (and occultic?) Hebrew, but it seems the Hebrews would take far more credit for their religion (which is basically just a "copy" of Babylonian legends?) A lot of what is assumed to be ancient seems to have more modern influences from the Middle Ages (where the Talmud becomes more involved and expounded upon, often by dissing Jesus of the New Testament.) Apparently in the old Testament Psalms Jesus is assumed to be referenced to a priesthood of Malchizedek; that John the Baptist was carrying out a tradition of some occult priesthood of Malchizedek?

This video is a bit weird (I'm still trying to make sense of where their "source" of info is.)

More Biblical source:

Edit: About half-way through that video the preacher talks about tithing. . .
    Annually in the US, churches rake in $1.2 trillion; and yet you don't see an end to homelessness or any groundbreaking social change/justice being lead by these people, unless they are hypocrites that only want to divide and create bigger social problems.
    Last edited by Catoptric; 08-12-2018 at 09:33 PM.

Type
    INTp
    "...[rhythm is] actually found everywhere in the world around us, from the ocean tides to our own heartbeats...an event repeating regularly over time..."

What's the difference? It's just soda, bro.

Type
    INXP
    But your individuality and your present need will be swept away by change,
    and what you now ardently desire will one day become the object of abhorrence.
    ~ Schiller - 'Psychological Types'

Type
    INTP

How Are Stocks Taxed?

This M1 Finance (website or) app is pretty decent for starting out. I'm curious of how to best monitor trends in the stock market, or whether it's a good idea in general to be involved with it. Interesting enough when I was looking at "Why do people hate Apple" discussions on Quora some basically concluded that Apple designs their products to screw people over and generate money; that Apple has pretty much focused on prioritizing Investors as their target instead of consumer focus, and has basically created controlled obsolescence as their primary goal.

New game that was "officially released" however many are saying it's still glitchy. Also contrary to the video, many are viewing this as a money grab because it is basically just an unfinished game that is also based on an earlier game ('Squad'.)

Similarly this game was released after being handed over to Gearbox software (which is based locally to me) sometimes known for buying up games that are in "development hell" or just need an additional "push" to make them presentable to the public. In some way Gearbox reminds me of the company 'Working Design' that ended up going bankrupt, and by looking at some of the reviews on Glassdoor.com with some Senior Level Design team members whom can barely create a complete sentence, I wouldn't be surprised that is the case eventually. On Steam when the game was originally announced the game was offered for early release for about $30, and since then has went to above the normal range of $50, with the addition of a Season Pass (which is just a gimmick to latch on more money) to around $80. People playing it have already put in a lot of time and ended up saying they thought it wasn't worth it (that it's basically a $20 game.) The game auto-generates levels (which no game has truly ever done well with.)

I suspect the reviews underestimate the game, though I also know games that truly need the DLC to make it worthwhile (which is another reason I never buy a game early and will usually wait at least a year after the release it.) I'm still wondering if I should ever buy Fallout 4 (and I'm thinking no.) This game combines elements of Clockwork Orange, Bioshock, and Fallout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0xXKCOSZuQ
    Basically Braunhut was a Jewish Nazi (Aryan Nation) sympathizer. . .
    Last edited by Catoptric; 08-14-2018 at 07:41 PM.