Page 362 of 366 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 3655

Thread: What are you Watching?

Type
    INTP
    Last edited by Catoptric; 01-12-2020 at 07:24 AM.

Type
    INTP
    Living with Yourself on Netflix - 8 episodes 1 season.

The premise was interesting and delivered about 67%. Overall not too bad. I'd be surprised if there was a second season.

Type
    INTP
    it's a wonderful life

Liberty Films only made 2 films (produced from 1946-1951 when it went defunct)

This film barely paid off the cost of production.

The production quality is actually pretty good.

I'm watching on Amazon Prime which has decent visual quality.

Initial viewpoints: The editing is horrible (sequencing errors which takes you out of the engagement with the story.) The capturing of the image is great from a photographc standpoint.

Some interesting things to read up on;
    Gloria Grahame
    , Carl "Alfalfa" Switzer
    Last edited by Catoptric; 01-16-2020 at 10:34 AM.

Our genes are different from Aliens:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ygl18fsChU
    Life mustn't be on Earth-like planets.

Type
    INTP

I accidentally started watching this video on Amazon only to realize it charged me $9.99. . . The lecturer/Producer of the Age of Deceit series even posted this on Youtube.

Thirty minutes in he goes through the line of Cain, and soon after what he says about Enoch not being a person; the name Enoch (Chanokh) meaning "dedicated" which doesn't suggest this. Most Biblical names act as metaphor for an idea or indirectly to a prior origination, though the lecturer refers to Enoch as a city ("fully formed" akin to Francis Bacon's New Atlantis.) When considering that Enoch becomes Metatron--an Arch Angel--it has always made me wonder if a much broader understanding is to be made from the story, and looking into it's been suggested that Cain built a city and named it Enoch or that Enoch built a city before he was never seen from again; other than this reference their's not much that I've taken from this lecture yet that isn't found in the main series, though he doesn't get into hermeticism as much as in the main series 'Age of Deceit' though this is a good continuation of this subject matter that I believe everyone should become familiar with from an unbiased perspective, and he doesn't try to proselytize people that don't believe, though does take a religious stance that looks critical of what well known historic figures have talked about that people seem to gloss over and don't realize just how serious they should be taking the subject matter.

Moog and Melotron were legendary around the time the Beatles started incorporating it into the music, and made a revival in the 90s.

'Here comes the Sun'

Reading: A little help from my neo-Marxist philosopher: was Adorno the fifth Beatle?

And he faked his death when Abbey Road was to be released, hiding the fact he was binging on acid to create the psychedelic White Album music--where he went into an altered state--gaining transcendence with the cosmos; never to be seen from again.

The Abbey Road cover is said to play the theme of a funeral procession, which would make sense in 1969 when Theodore Adorno died. . . And allegedly the Tavistock Institute was involved in supporting some of these groups, or at the very least it's been said that John Lennon mentioned something to the effect.
    Last edited by Catoptric; 01-17-2020 at 09:23 AM.

Type
    INTP

I had a Norwegian Cthulhu inspired crate ('the sold out/discontinued 'Century Beast' package) and was trying to remember the name of the company (Mysterious Package Company,) and thought they might have gone defunct; often their packages change depending on production needs, including the sculpture I received that looked different from their promotional material. Their secrecy often works to their advantage if people didn't anticipate things a certain way, which may likewise backfire on whether a $150+ order was worthwhile; I almost wish they just shipped everything at once at a discounted price if you were ordering it for yourself.

A big problem with ordering something like this as a gift is that it's difficult to know what you buy would actually be a good match for someone; my usual expectation is that anything I find interest in will always fall short of expectations when it comes to other people (as usual, people generally disappoint.)
    Last edited by Catoptric; 01-18-2020 at 09:05 AM.

Type
    INTx
    For wierdos by a self proclaimed weirdo. It starts entertainingly. Malaprop at about 12:20, behoove instead of begrudge.

You hide behind caveats and modifiers. - Lurker

Type
    INTP
    I'm about three episodes in to The Sarah Conner Chronicles.

I'm enjoying it. All the actors are fun to watch. It's hard to get particularly involved in a Terminator plot, because potential time jump always = everything is probably pointless anyway.

But yeah. I'm definitely enjoying watching Lena Headey look serious and concerned and take care of her shit for an hour every episode. It seems like she put some effort into matching some of the vocal cadence of Linda Hamilton while still making the part her own. The rest of the major casting is good so far, too. The kid who plays John seems to be striking the right balance between moody teenager and steely inner strength. Hot robot chick is hot and robotic while sprinkling in some artificial emotional intelligence nuance. Other characters seem well cast as well. The scripts are straightforward.

Like I said, I'm liking it. Watching it on IMDB tv, whatever the hell it is - everyone has a streaming service these days. It does have commercials but compared to, say, hulu.. or even youtube, they're fairly brief and unobtrusive. So far.
    Too bad, Lady Une. You were far too lenient.
    As a soldier, yes. But as a civilian I lived an austere life.

Type
    INTP

Type
    INTx
    The magic of the MAGA hat. Depending on the situation, it can repel unwanted people contact or diffuse conflict. I wouldn't leave one prominently displayed in my parked car. Sad. Very Sad.

You hide behind caveats and modifiers. - Lurker