Page 2 of 261 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you Watching?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by latch View Post
    1. Steal a Klingon Bird of Prey and slingshot it around the Sun.
    2. Travel forward in time.
    3. Figure out the rest for yourself because I can't do everything! Cripe!
    In other words, no.

Gosh, I wonder why illegal downloading is such a big problem.

Type
    INTP
    Machete

"Machete don't text."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

Not much different from certain aspects of our economy. . .

MICHAEL JORDAN: How The Best Player Ever Spends His Millions

Whom is said to have invested millions ($20-200 million if I can verify) :

Largest Prison-Owning Corporation Issues Massive Dividend of $675 Million to Sharedholders

Private Prisons Equal Big Business

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Vice: APOCALYPSE, MAN - PART 1

Most people were first exposed to Michael C. Ruppert through the 2009 documentary, Collapse, directed by Chris Smith. Collapse was one of the scariest documentaries about our world and the fragile the state of our planet. It was also one of VICE's favorite films from the past ten years.

Michael was forced to leave the LAPD after claiming that the CIA was complicit in selling drugs across America, and he quickly became one of the most original and strident voices to talk about climate change, government corruption, and peak oil through his website, “From the Wilderness.”

Following the release of Collapse, Michael’s personal life underwent something of a collapse itself and he paid off all his debts, left behind all his friends, and moved with his dog Rags to Colorado, planning to commit suicide.

VICE caught up with Michael in the middle of the epic beauty of the Rocky Mountains at the end of last year. We found a man undergoing a spiritual rebirth—still passionate about the world and with a whole new set of apocalyptic issues to talk about.

Apocalypse, Man is an intimate portrait of a man convinced of the imminent collapse of the world, but with answers to how the human spirit can survive the impending apocalypse.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Starts at 9 minutes in.

Type
    Intp
    OOOh, nice. Paul Krugman's in it, too. He is soo excellent. In fact, I think he is one of my heroes. Maybe.

Very excellent anyway. Thanks.
    All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage. Mycroft Holmes

I am not programmed to harm human beings. Baymax

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Marvel's Agents of Shield-- I love Marvel, so I've really been trying to give this series a chance to find itself. Fourteen episodes in, still waiting, and this last one was so poorly written it boggled the mind. No spoilers herein, not that it would matter.

Plot--ham handed, impossible to believe, doesn't even make sense internally, much less in a larger sense. The outcome is going to be whatever the writers decide, the events to get to said outcome may or may not have anything to do with arriving at that outcome except in so much that the writers were attempting to connect the dots with a big fat crayon of stupid ideas.

Character development--use of sledge hammer to make sure audience understands the pure platinum tropes of the characters. Characters deviate from established sledge hammered tropes at will in order to further plot. The entire show is supposedly about what a great team these guys are and how they'd do anything for each other, but each of them has created issues (plot points) by acting so selfishly that they should be arrested and court martialed. But it's ok because yay team. Besides, they are such a great team that no matter how much any of them spews shit on the rest of them, they will pull together and yay team themselves out of it. No one is three dimensional.

Special effects--up to the expected standards of the day, but nothing to write home about.

Science/tech-- because DNA! it explains everything! (also, if that isn't enough, magic!--you know, the kind scientists can understand...wait, what?) Also, computer smart person is omnipotent, and engineer smart person can piss on your shoes and make them into nukes, and British bio smart girl who raided Hermione Granger's closet can heal you by injecting you with random shit because she's just so darned smart. Which is all fine if you can make it believable by not trying to zoom in on the process with a fucking microscope. Probably be slightly more believable if all 3 of the top level geniuses on the 20 billion dollar flying autonomous spy headquarters didn't look and behave like they should still be in high school and if the writers didn't make some big character development deal out of it every time one of them manages to wipe their own ass in the field.

Big reveals--not nearly as dramatic as the dramatic pauses would lead you to believe.

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    Marvel's Agents of Shield-- I love Marvel, so I've really been trying to give this series a chance to find itself. Fourteen episodes in, still waiting, and this last one was so poorly written it boggled the mind. No spoilers herein, not that it would matter.

Plot--ham handed, impossible to believe, doesn't even make sense internally, much less in a larger sense. The outcome is going to be whatever the writers decide, the events to get to said outcome may or may not have anything to do with arriving at that outcome except in so much that the writers were attempting to connect the dots with a big fat crayon of stupid ideas.

Character development--use of sledge hammer to make sure audience understands the pure platinum tropes of the characters. Characters deviate from established sledge hammered tropes at will in order to further plot. The entire show is supposedly about what a great team these guys are and how they'd do anything for each other, but each of them has created issues (plot points) by acting so selfishly that they should be arrested and court martialed. But it's ok because yay team. Besides, they are such a great team that no matter how much any of them spews shit on the rest of them, they will pull together and yay team themselves out of it. No one is three dimensional.

Special effects--up to the expected standards of the day, but nothing to write home about.

Science/tech-- because DNA! it explains everything! (also, if that isn't enough, magic!--you know, the kind scientists can understand...wait, what?) Also, computer smart person is omnipotent, and engineer smart person can piss on your shoes and make them into nukes, and British bio smart girl who raided Hermione Granger's closet can heal you by injecting you with random shit because she's just so darned smart. Which is all fine if you can make it believable by not trying to zoom in on the process with a fucking microscope. Probably be slightly more believable if all 3 of the top level geniuses on the 20 billion dollar flying autonomous spy headquarters didn't look and behave like they should still be in high school and if the writers didn't make some big character development deal out of it every time one of them manages to wipe their own ass in the field.

Big reveals--not nearly as dramatic as the dramatic pauses would lead you to believe.
    The bald guy at the end is half the man he used to be. Maybe that's why he's feeling blue! Hahahahaha!

It's no Firefly.
    Stand clear of the closing doors, please.