Page 263 of 309 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 3084

Thread: What are you Watching?

Type
    INTP
    I'm reposting this after about 2 years: A lot of things throughout many religions, convey something far more abstract. Indra's net of jewels for example, has been suggested as a metaphor for a multiverse; or some fractal metaphor that is universal. Either this represents an early philosophical exploration akin to an acid trip, or they were aware of some aspects of physics that we are only now able to express scientifically. Perhaps some aspects of ancient texts conveyed things through semiotics, so as to only be better understood within a future context of knowledge and understanding; such as an idea that civilizations rise and collapse, and that the only way to express an enduring legacy is to ensure the survival within a contextual framework in which people would embrace despite not fully being aware of it's significance?

Previously I summarized this idea as, "The intent of the message is to realize the importance of self-awareness."

I just listen to it in the background.

Parts of that video will probably not be that interesting; though I was bored.

Last edited by Catoptric; 01-29-2018 at 06:45 PM.

Type
    intp
    A few Hawaii boys hit up some cold water action in the Catlins. Pretty funny for a surf edit.

https://vimeo.com/244578927

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Downsizing, Matt Damon movie.
    Tempted to just switch it off. Some of the acting is awful. It seems a bit virtue-signally as well.
    I hope the end is very dark and twists my melon or something, because it's hard to get through and some doesn't make sense (like how they made electronics and batteries even smaller than they actually are now)
    I don't think there have been any special effects. Is this Vietnamese woman's accent furreal? She's as annoying as fucking jar jar binks.
    3/10 I think it's some kind of NF crap.

arrgh! that accent and voice and intonation, stahp!

edit: Generic foreign dude just said "I will miss my funny neighbor" and sounded like one of the Beatles. WTF is going on with this crap.

Type
    INTP

Type
    INTP
    In the rotation right now
    The Orville - surprisingly good, actual Sci Fi themes with quirky humor
    Portlandia - After a trip to Portland thought we'd try it, gets better over time and ROFL'd me truly in the Battlestar Galactica episode
    Travelers (series) - Another good sci fi, though the last episode had some glaringly stupid elements that broke the suspended disbelief. You can always tell when, in service of the climactic event, aribitrary dumb is thrown in to move the plot along. /r
    Halt and Catch Fire - a little intense but nostalgic in the extreme, fictional series about 80s tech scene. The characters are so flawed it hurts sometimes.

Type
    XXXX
    I can't help but love the UFC. Makes me wish I were 18 again so I could just train to whoop ass.

"Long live the weeds and the wilderness!"

Type
    INTP

If I could summarize the many Swamis, Gurus, etc of modern time, it would be, "murderous cult follower," "flaming lunatic paedo," "paedo," "hypocrite," etc. A surprising amount seem to be warped and manipulative liars, without a shred of critical thinking, with which being able to criticize their own behavior/thinking/actions/religion becomes anathema. I've also noticed this tends to apply to Indian culture, to ignore controversy even when it strikes them in the face. Perhaps much of this is universal to human nature. This statement isn't based off the above video; though I am often amazed by the incredulity of some people.

Type
    INTP

I've taken communion and I'm not Catholic. . .