Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh wow

Type
    INTP

Oh wow

So, I've known my personality type was INTP since I was in high school, but never really tried to find a gathering place for INTPs in general. Then, today, I saw my aunt post her personality type on Facebook, which lead me to 16personalities.com, and someone there had posted a link to this place.

I am very excited to be here now. I have a feeling that I will end up scouring the forum, and digging through every thread on here, when I have some free time.

Since this is the welcome subforum, I guess I should post up a bit about myself.

I am a single father of a 5 year old little boy, who I think is also INTP or INTJ (and possibly a genius). I went to school for biomedical chemical engineering for a few years, then switched to microbiology, then dropped out with less than 2 semesters left before graduation. I did this because I had started a business years earlier, which did well, then died at the hands of the FCC. Now I need to focus on building up the new business I am working with. That leaves no time for school.

I am a bitcoin enthusiast, cryptocurrency day trader, Community Manager and VP of Customer Service for the company I am working with, amateur programmer (learning C right now), craft beer connoisseur, attempting to setup a medical experiment to potentially open a medical research company (a friend is going to finance it if I can get the procedure \ materials list written), and amateur theoretical physicist. I don't really sleep at this point in my life.

So yeah, that is me.

Type
    INTP
    Hello. Lie down and the feelings of enthusiasm will soon pass.

Persona Oblongata OrionzRevenge's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Welcome to the Bat cave.

You'll find some Bitcoin Enthusiast here to talk shop with, to be sure.

Did your start-up have something to do with Biomedical?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
    I am a single father of a 5 year old little boy, who I think is also INTP or INTJ (and possibly a genius).
    Good for you.

It must be hard work on your own.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionzRevenge View Post
    Welcome to the Bat cave.

You'll find some Bitcoin Enthusiast here to talk shop with, to be sure.

Did your start-up have something to do with Biomedical?
    Well, the side business I am looking into would be in the Biomedical field. I've been offered up to $50,000 in funding if I can setup the initial experiment, and if it goes well, as much funding as necessary to move toward more advanced testing.

But, no. The one I am working with full time is not related to medicine. It is a bitcoin-based startup. I can't really reveal much more than that at the moment, because I signed an NDA. However, I will be able to in the near future, after we launch.

Quote Originally Posted by nonperson View Post
    Good for you.

It must be hard work on your own.
    Thank you

Surprisingly, it isn't that bad. It was actually harder when I was just a father, and not a single father. I basically had two kids to take care of then, and one of them I did not get along with very well lol.

My son and I get along extremely well, and he is a very independent kid.

Welcome! I am guilty of posting the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatloveihave View Post
    I don't find you a potential threat to human society, you're not crazy. Feces.

Sysop
    Type
    INTP
    Hey, welcome aboard!

Glad you found your way here.

Hmmm... 16personalities.com ... I wasn't aware of that one, will have to link that one to our INTP resources FAQ.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
    Welcome! I am guilty of posting the link.
    Hah, well thank you. I appreciate it.

Type
    Intp
    You are a good wizard. I am a lazy one; took the day off work. I soo needed it though. You know how that is, right? I also have to work on the weekend this time, so I figure. . . time to reboot. My system is lagging (needs a nap). Hope you like it here. The muggles aren't so bad.

edit. Oh crap, I forgot to say. I am a single mum. She's also a Harry Potter Head, amongst other artsy nerdy things. We have much in common, (intp/infp depending on the day-- we're gifted), she's 21 and we are still a team. Cool, eh? I likes it. So, yah, welcome to the castle. We don't have a pony, but we do have a moat and security matrix. lol
    All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage. Mycroft Holmes

I am not programmed to harm human beings. Baymax

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
    You are a good wizard. I am a lazy one; took the day off work. I soo needed it though. You know how that is, right? I also have to work on the weekend this time, so I figure. . . time to reboot. My system is lagging (needs a nap). Hope you like it here. The muggles aren't so bad.

edit. Oh crap, I forgot to say. I am a single mum. She's also a Harry Potter Head, amongst other artsy nerdy things. We have much in common, (intp/infp depending on the day-- we're gifted), she's 21 and we are still a team. Cool, eh? I likes it. So, yah, welcome to the castle. We don't have a pony, but we do have a moat and security matrix. lol
    Hah, yeah, I know how that is. Unfortunately, staying home doesn't help me much, because I have been working from home for the past 5 years (previous business + the one I am in now). Strange as it must sound, I am really looking forward to the day that we have an office building, even if I am not required to be there. I would go there to work, at least sometimes, just for a change of scenery. That usually helps me refocus when I have gotten bogged down and distracted.