Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Muppet Theory

Type
    intp

Muppet Theory

I'm coming to terms with the fact that I'm a chaos muppet. A slate writer describes the Chaos vs Order Muppet paradigm. It isn't a very well developed theory, but the author explains that is because she, herself, is a chaos muppet. That's an unapologetic neglect that I can get behind. Especially because she changes her argument at the end to say that she isn't really a chaos muppet.

So maybe I still am not a chaos muppet. After all, I alphabetize things all the time.

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwitch View Post
    So maybe I still am not a chaos muppet. After all, I alphabetize things all the time.
    When I took INFJ to a meeting at the anarchist collective, one of her comments was that she liked it but that she thought it was very messy in their space. She asked me if we were going to start one, could she help keep it tidy? I looked at her and said "Okay, you can make sure all of our books about anarchist political theory are properly alphabetized." She punched me in the arm. Apparently, only one of us is a chaos muppet.

I thought this was going to have a test!
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Type
    INTP
    I wanted to be a chaos muppet, but my eyebrows categorize me as an order muppet.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I think I'm a Faux Chaos Muppet. I dunno if that's good or bad. I just know I loved Kermit and hated Miss Piggy with a passion.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I think I'm a Faux Chaos Muppet. I dunno if that's good or bad. I just know I loved Kermit and hated Miss Piggy with a passion.
    LOL. That might make you a frustrated Order Muppet forced to adopt the role of a Chaos Muppet by her life circumstances. Or you could just be a self-hating Chaos Muppet.

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I just wanted to be Kermit's bodyguard!

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Osito Polar View Post
    When I took INFJ to a meeting at the anarchist collective, one of her comments was that she liked it but that she thought it was very messy in their space. She asked me if we were going to start one, could she help keep it tidy? I looked at her and said "Okay, you can make sure all of our books about anarchist political theory are properly alphabetized." She punched me in the arm. Apparently, only one of us is a chaos muppet.

I thought this was going to have a test!
    I got frustrated with the local anarchist book store because they very deliberately refused to care about the roof leaks. I dug up a bunch of buckets and moved their zine library out of harm's way, but apparently since nobody emptied the buckets at closing time it still flooded the bottom shelves. Those fuckers. They make me feel like an Order Muppet.

I was going to make a quiz, but I got distracted watching the Muppet Show. Maybe you should do it.
    Last edited by sandwitch; 02-23-2014 at 07:34 AM.

Persona Oblongata OrionzRevenge's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    I think in ways, I'm both. Probably more Chaotic, guess.

My brain is like the cock pit in the Imagine Dragons' Video.

I just wish the control agent was like a black & white mad Panda instead of a Pink Yoda-esque teddy.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionzRevenge View Post
    I think in ways, I'm both. Probably more Chaotic, guess.
    You've pointed out a flaw in the dichotomy. There should be a Balance Muppet.

Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I just wanted to be Kermit's bodyguard!
    Ha ha ha ... my Order Muppet teaches Muay Thai kickboxing and she offered to be my bodyguard.

I got frustrated with the local anarchist book store because they very deliberately refused care about the roof leaks. I dug up a bunch of buckets and moved their zine library out of harm's way, but apparently since nobody emptied the buckets at closing time it still flooded the bottom shelves. Those fuckers. They make me feel like an Order Muppet.
    Oh no! Did their back issues of Cometbus get wet?

I was going to make a quiz, but I got distracted watching the Muppet Show. Maybe you should do it.
    http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/testgen/4494/

I am Pepe. Pepe: "I've got some good news for everyone, unless you are an evil banker lady, then it sucks, okay?"

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I did too! FFS he was an existentialist.