Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perceiving Activities

Type
    INTP

Perceiving Activities

I recently constructed a daily routine for me and that leaves me in need of activities to balance things.
    What are some things you like to do that please your Pness?

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by mondschein View Post
    I recently constructed a daily routine for me and that leaves me in need of activities to balance things.
    Moving throughout the internet or the library in a random manner, seized by whatever might capture one's interest. I'd describe the mentality as charaxterized by rambling, and seeking. There is no destination, only a journey, but the result is that the inner world widens rather than shrinks.

Type
    INTP
    Cooking when I have the time. I don't think it's exclusively P. Prolly NP in having multiple pots going at the same time and easy to veg out with music playing in b.g. and switching from task to task w/out any boundaries or set rules. I mean besides removing things from heat so they don't burn but so much of it is subjective and freeing.

Playing a game like Tetris or Breaking Bricks 2 will occupy my time for longer than I'd care to admit.

Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by mondschein View Post
    spending time with animals will work. for example, i like to meditate while watching my chickens graze. it clears your head and gives you perspective.

i also like to explore new places, try new food, watch new movies, etc. new stuff. novelty keeps the pness healthy.

+ observational drawing, for the more "s"-friendly people (this is so dumb!)

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan26 View Post
    Playing a game like Tetris or Breaking Bricks 2 will occupy my time for longer than I'd care to admit.
    i can definitely see how video games would be pness heaven. i'm an awful person who uninstalls a game once i feel myself getting addicted (or maybe that's the pness itself, getting bored).

Type
    INfj
    posting on this forum

making things

games
    Empty your mind. Be formless. Shapeless. Like water. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Moving throughout the internet or the library in a random manner, seized by whatever might capture one's interest. I'd describe the mentality as charaxterized by rambling, and seeking. There is no destination, only a journey, but the result is that the inner world widens rather than shrinks.
    I do this often on my lunch break at work. I'll browse the titles at the local library and not take anything out. I don't know if it really pleases my Pness or refreshes me in any sort of way. It's more that it is a habitual action I take in a place that feels safe to me. I do a similar thing with fabric stores. I'll walk through and touch lots of things and think about what they could be turned into.

I also walk aimlessly.

Sometimes I will pick some totally random new to me music. I like that there are lots of full albums available on youtube. Sometimes I browse around until I find one that I like the cover art for and listen to that.

Banned
    Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Encourage tangents in conversation. Force yourself to do something new every day. Interrupt your internal monologue with questions. Don't be afraid of aimlessness, and don't let other people guilt you for engaging in it. Play association games. Surround yourself with people who mentally stimulate you.

Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    I do this often on my lunch break at work. I'll browse the titles at the local library and not take anything out. I don't know if it really pleases my Pness or refreshes me in any sort of way. It's more that it is a habitual action I take in a place that feels safe to me. I do a similar thing with fabric stores. I'll walk through and touch lots of things and think about what they could be turned into.
    i do that touching-things-aimlessly thing when i'm in department stores. i don't know what the shit to do with clothes sometimes. doing this in bookstores and libraries often result in me making the decision to bring a book home, so it's not the same. this is actually difficult in record/music stores; it's better if i have an idea of what i want.

you know what's underrated? watching bugs crawl in the dirt. when i was a child i could do that for hours. i do some gardening now and then and love watching the creepy ass bugs crawl out from underneath this cardboard box i put there. they all come up to the surface and it's pretty cool. i wanna check up on that. /weird?

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Eat your cereal with a fork. Try to guess what you'll be doing in five minutes.
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Encourage tangents in conversation. Force yourself to do something new every day. Interrupt your internal monologue with questions. Don't be afraid of aimlessness, and don't let other people guilt you for engaging in it. Play association games. Surround yourself with people who mentally stimulate you.

Not bad advice. I think in my late 20s, I've moved away from this too much. To a certain extent, I had to, but it doesn't have to be that way in every area of my life.