Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Holiday Thread

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

2013 Holiday Thread

I had my picture taken with Santa today. Not just any Santa, but the best mall Santa ever. I think I've had my picture taken with him 14 years in a row now. He recognizes me. We hang out and chat for a bit. He's a lovely man who exudes a lot of warmth and it always makes me feel really happy to go visit him.

Other than that, the rest of Christmas seems like it's going to be a bit mediocre, meagre, quiet this year, but if that changes I'll be sure to update you all in this thread!

How's your holiday season going so far?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    I had my picture taken with Santa today. Not just any Santa, but the best mall Santa ever.

This christmas is feeling like it might be the best in my adult life, mostly because I don't really care about it. I got some gifts for the people I'll be around but mostly I just want my sister to like hers, and I found something that I'm confident will make her smile. I spent yesterday cleaning my apartment and wrapping the presents in bright paper and ribbon which I curled with the edge of the scissors and then tied around candy canes. Today I'm baking cookies and then my sister's going to come get me and take me over to see her and my mom and the people they live with.

It's all pretty mundane. When I first started having christmases again I wanted everything to be just right - it had to be a real tree, and I was obsessive about all the decorations and I wanted to only spend it with immediate family and the things that weren't right really bothered me. I think now I wanted to reclaim something I felt I'd lost during those homeless christmases I spent huddled in a filthy SRO surrounded by disgusting people cleaning their crack pipes or sitting in a bus shelter alone in the rain reading a book and wishing the day would go by faster.

Yesterday I went to a mall because I put off most of the shopping until the last minute and it was ridiculous. It was stressful but I have to admit I enjoyed it a little. Mostly just seeing all the people with their families and friends and loved ones and there really was sort of an atmosphere of people being happy about the holidays. People were being friendly to me. I'm white and lower middle class in origin so I fit in around here. And even though seeing all these happy people with their families and partners made me a little jealous, made me realize again how socially alone I am, I also felt a bit grateful to kind of be part of it.

Today I just feel pretty okay with everything though. It's nice.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Where's the "like" button?

Type
    xxxx
    my seasonal position's coming to an end and tonight's the last time i'm closing the bookstore (although not my last day). i learned to hate everything and to hate the holidays but i'm gonna miss this in a strange way.

Type
    INTP
    My boss and pretty much everyone else is gone, so I've been slacking off for the past few workdays. It doesn't help that I have a head cold. It, along with the quietness of my workplace, send me straight into a lull that makes me want to sit at my computer and read the internet all day. In a couple of days I will fly out to see my folks. Then all will be merry and bright.

Type
    INTP
    Tree and decorations are up, menu for Christmas dinner in planned. Life is good.
    Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that a problem.

Type
    INTP
    It's looking like I may get exactly what I want: peace, quiet and solitude.

.: PERSISTENCE IS ALL :. Pan_Sonic_000's Avatar
    Type
    ENxx
    It's my first Christmas in Washington State. This means it'll be cold and that's awesome because Christmas just isn't the same without cold weather and hot chocolate.

Anyway, I'm not going anywhere. We have a little five foot tree and our cats like to sleep under it. Seeing them snoozing under the lit tree with our handful of gifts makes me happy.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    ^ Green Christmas for you too? We had snow a couple days ago but it's all gone now.