INxP
    INTPx Award Winner

Type
    INxP
    INTPx Award Winner

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    I've been keeping an eye on a gold 3x ETF called NUGT. I recall seeing in the news some time ago when it was valued at 13k+ a share, and it is clearly significantly lower than that. Some stocks are just baffling such as Top Ship which literally peaked at 9 billion a share (!!!!) and are now "penny stocks." This might indicate the absurdity of the market.

Another one called MNGA is considered optimistic though many are regretting buying it early, however it is still expected to jump up a lot. The forecast was showing a huge up swing though it didn't pan out that way.

I had invested in PTIE, IZEA, and Vaxart (which I haven't been able to sell due to not putting enough money into the account, and will be labeled a 'Pattern Day Trader.' Even though Vaxart went up to $7.30 and fell below $5, I was fortunate not to invest more than a couple hundred, so in spite of the huge gains I wasn't able to miss out on much (I put about $2000 into IZEA.) When putting more money into the account it is restricting it's availability to next week in order to not violate SEC protocol. I have other trading accounts such as M1 Finance so I'm hoping it doesn't interfere, though it really is just based on Marginal (loaned money) trading, since it doesn't give immediate access to money I place into the account and is basically "lending" funds to make the trade happen.

Most of these stocks are not ones you want to invest into long term; in fact most IPO are started with companies not making any profits, and are either last ditch efforts for the company owners to abandoned a sinking ship with money, or are an attempt to gain interest in a product that may show absolutely no promise of successful turnout. The PTIE stock went up because they successfully reached phase one of animal studies on Alzheimer's disease, however what isn't mentioned is that not even 99% of such products ever reach human treatment options. Even if it does turn out well it seems biotech stock is mostly suited for day trading.

Many claim that ETF trading is one of the most abominable things to invest in btw. . . So I'm not sure how good it would be. Tech industry is also going to sink lower and an ETF called FNGD is betting in favor of a bear turnout. DRIP is another ETF in favor of Oil surplus (when economy starts slowing down, Gold, Tech, and Oil should be betted accordingly.)

It's good to get some perspective on what things not to speculate on, and this is one reason I have yet to buy an ETF.
    Last edited by Catoptric; 10-05-2018 at 06:42 PM.

Type
    INTP