Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Human Design System

Type
    INTP

Human Design System

I have a friend who is into this system of personality typing, and she's given me some info specifically on my own type. I'm not sure how it works exactly, besides being based on your birthday...so there's a sort of astrological aspect to it, I suppose.

At http://www.jovianarchive.com/ there is a page where you can get your free 'Rave Chart', which basically lets you know your type.

Here: http://www.humandesign.com/profiles you can find information and audios that concern the various profiles.

So far, what I've read concerning my own type seems insightful, though not particularly practical apart from being an accurate description.

I'd be interested to hear if any of you have heard of it, or if your profile descriptions are accurate or not.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Robcore View Post
    At http://www.jovianarchive.com/ there is a page where you can get your free 'Rave Chart', which basically lets you know your type.
    I think I must be missing something. All it asked for was my birth date and time, and then it spat out a strange chart with a bunch of runes and numbers. No explanation at all what it means, unless I deposit $50 into their bank account.

Edit: Ah, ok, I found this page: http://www.jovianarchive.com/Newcomers which was very helpful. The answer is neutrinos, energy, and holistic fields.

Sorry Rob but this is bunk. It's not only pseudoscience, it's pseudoscience with the intent to deceive in order to liberate naive people from their money.

I didn't read your other link so maybe it's different.

Neutrinos exist, of course, and it's true that they surround us everywhere we go and are nearly completely invisible to virtually all means of detection. That doesn't mean that they have anything to do with human personality; in fact it makes it even less likely from a physics point of view. A particle must interact with something else to have an effect, and neutrinos interact with virtually nothing. To give them special properties that defy the laws of physics, and then to attempt to formulate a theory of human personality from those theories is deceitful. In fact, I'm being too generous, it's fucking ridiculous. To charge people money for that bogus theory is downright predatory.
    Last edited by rhinosaur; 02-27-2014 at 07:10 AM.

Type
    INTP
    Astrology by any other name still smells like horseshit.
    --Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.

Persona Oblongata OrionzRevenge's Avatar
    Type
    INtP

What's Your Spin?

Type
    INTP
    Fair enough. I don't expect anyone here to be all amazed by it or to believe in it at all. I just thought it might be interesting to examine.

The page that you get when you put your birthday in and whatnot has a profile indicator...I'm a 6/2 according to the system. Whether by coincidence or not, the profile description for a 6/2 seemed pretty accurate for me according to the description of the 6/2 profile on the second link that I provided.

My process for things isn't especially skeptical, but I appreciate that it is that way for others. A skeptical mind would surely dismiss the whole system outright.
    In my case though, I prefer to test it anyway. I found my own profile to be rather accurate, and I'm interested in a few things:

-If someone who actually had a different chart was made to believe that my chart was their chart, how likely are they to find it to be accurate for them?
    -If others have found their actual profiles to be accurate, or wildly inaccurate.
    -If profiles are generic and playing off of particular psychological propensities of (potential) believers, what exactly are those mechanisms? Is it similar to the usual sun-sign astrology where the readings often consist of leading questions/statements that prompt readers to interpret vague conditions of their lives and fit them to match the readings?

As I asked in my first post, I'm curious whether any of your readings seem accurate or not.
    There are reasons aplenty to dismiss the whole thing...but that's sort of a discussion killer. I assume the reasons for disbelieving are obvious.
    ...and it's cool if everyone in the world disbelieves...doesn't bother me one bit, lol.
    Whether you believe or not doesn't really interest me...what interests me is whether your profile description seems accurate (why does it? why doesn't it?).

Any input of that nature would be appreciated.

It reminds me of a previous poll that I conducted on INTPc...where I was trying to see if there was any substance to a claim that I'd read about a link between a certain set of physical conditions and a set of psycho-spiritual conditions. Many responded with comments arguing against the correlation, insisting that it was silly or 'horseshit' or whatever...without caring a damn for whether the correlation could be shown to be statistically relevant to the discussion.
    My point is that, even if the whole thing is nonsense, a trend of statistical accuracy in the profiling may warrant deeper examination...not to decide whether one believes or not, but to understand what it is that can account for the statistical anomaly.

Does that make sense to anyone?

Type
    INTP
    My analysis of it was that it was Forer friendly general observations wrapped up in the appearance of being a complicated system by having lots of numbers and uncommon words. It also had clear connections to astrology in the symbolism, the observations, and the manner in which they were contrived.
    --Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.

Type
    INTP
    Cool. Would you care to share what your results were?

Does the Forer effect apply, say, when others see a 'tailored result' fitting to the person it was 'tailored' for?

Is it possible to lift a few phrases from the descriptions that serve as good examples of the vague, general ideas that seem specific when in fact they apply to a wide range of people? Are there any phrases within the descriptions that are less vague and general? Mine cited a specific shift in my relationship with life that would last from age 30 to age 50.

Type
    INTP
    I just listened to the description of my friend that introduced me to this system. (btw, on the description pages there are audio recordings that go into detail about specific characteristics with much greater elaboration than the text summaries). There was some of her profile that I could easily say applies to me, but a lot that definitely doesn't. Interestingly her profile is a 2/4, and mine is a 6/2, so we share the 2 I guess, meaning that we'll be similar in certain ways.

I think the Forer effect, if it is at play at all, must be there in addition to some other things, because in her description, it said that her type isn't into research or into explaining themselves. That's not very general I think...and it is an actual distinction that anyone could make between herself and myself. I enjoy explaining myself, and she doesn't. It also said that her type are notorious for letting other people take care of things...that they're the type that will live with their parents for a long long time until they get kicked out or forced to get a job...vs. other types that are more determined to be independent.
    The distinctions between the various types are fairly solid, I think...not so vague as to suggest that a 'Scorpio' could just as easily relate to an 'Aquarius'' profile description.

Would anyone care to indulge me by sharing what their profile number is? I'll look up the type description myself if need be.
    I'll probably do my wife's profile soon too, to see what it has to say.

Type
    INxx
    Type: Manifesting Generator
    Profile: 3/5
    Definition: Split Definition
    Inner Authority: Sacral
    Strategy: To respond
    Theme: Frustration
    Incarnation Cross: Right Angle Cross of the Sleeping Phoenix (20/34|55/59)

Spoiler: Rave Chart

Now I have to pay for $50.00 to get the interpretations.

Astral, hmm.

Type
    INTP
    Thanks for playing mccrissanth!
    Here is a link to a page that describes the 3/5 profile: http://www.humandesign.com/right-angle-profile-3-5

I encourage you to listen to the audio segments, and share whether anything covered there is applicable to you.
    From the text, I'm curious:

-Would you say that trial and error is a theme in your life?
    -Were you clumsy as a child? bumping into things? or were you prone to having things/people bump into you?
    =Would you say that breaking bonds, divorce or 'walking away' are significant patterns in your life?