Thread: Upcoming Video Games that Will Be Awesome

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Upcoming Video Games that Will Be Awesome

Okay, this thread is where people can post about how psyched they are about upcoming video games. When those video games come out, people can either crow about how right they were or other people can laugh at them for having their dreams of video entertainment pitifully crushed like when that stupid Aliens game came out or like Duke Nukem Forever.

I'll go first.

RAGNAR MOTHERFUCKING TORNQUIST!!!

Dreamfall Chapters is coming out in November 2014!

I can't wait for this game. I absolutely loved The Longest Journey and Dreamfall. When Ragnar wasted his time making some crappy MMORPG I was seriously disappointed but now he's back working on something that might not suck so it can only be good. It's supposed to be an updated version of a classic pointy clicky adventure game which should be interesting. They hardly ever make any of those anymore so thank you Kickstarter.

"I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    If I have a system that can run it by whenever I'd be buying it, Star Citizen does sound kind of cool. I'm not really into MMO's, though, so who knows if I'd actually enjoy it all that much.

Then I stumbled across this the other day. Apparently, while superficially there's a strong resemblance to Star Citizen, the actual design concept is, in an interviewed developer's words, something more like "Minecraft in Space."

Not that I play Minecraft either. Shrug. IDK WTF I'm talking about, really. "Everything procedural infinite sandbox hoobally boobally boo" just gets my gamer juices going as a concept. Always has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    No history, no exposition, no anecdote or argument changes the invariant: we are all human beings, and some humans are idiots.

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    EVERY. DICKPUNCH. IS. PROCEDURAL!

Actually, the game looks really interesting and fun to play. The beginning of the ad is somewhat trite but I won't hold that against the game. Their description of it is very trendy buzzword busy.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.