Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Half-baked ideas

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    I was thinking more of a real church, you know with magical sky dudes and stuff, people are going to be manipulated into doing things I figure it'd be best if we're the ones doing the manipulating.

Though someone else should take the pulpit I get a little to hitlery when giving speeches in front of large crowds.
    Yeah, though this isn't half baked enough.

Given that our diaspora of INTPs is scattered around the world I suggest that we build a `floating church' out of the plastic clogging up the Pacific ocean.
    The more plastic we reclaim and glom together, the more our church `grows'.
    Perhaps we can model it after flip?

We'd want `bike racks' so jyng1 and kali would have a way station on the way to west coast meetups.
    I'm sure jyng1 has heard of Behemoth and might be ready for his first microship.
    Last edited by gps; 04-13-2014 at 02:42 AM.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by giegs View Post
    I really want a ruggedized camera with a retractable tether so I can have it always attached to a harness, pull it out far enough to frame a decent shot, and have it automatically retract when I clip it back in without any risk of dropping it. Dropping cameras sucks.
    Have you thought of re-purposing the spring-loaded keychain thingies which janitors and sailors attach to their belts?
    Perhaps you could put one on a lanyard neck strap of some sort.
    These have a shorter leash than the dog leash cord-retractor-in-the-handle gadgets.

Type
    INTP
    I have, but I've yet to find a way to set it up that makes it not clunky. Having the tether be integral to the camera body would just be really convenient for my purposes.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    What if the camera were something like a cell-phone camera but (gasp) a dedicated camera. As in, just a camera. I mean, we're making the damn things tiny to get them in phones and laptops--why not stick one in a key fob? Then you could go one of two somewhat interesting ways: you could have a little peephole viewfinder and take your chances on the rest of things like we used to do with cheap film cameras--or for a bit more, I bet one could put a tiny but reasonably sturdy LCD--say the size of a thumbnail?

If going with the former I still think it would be best to have a tiny lcd (like we used to mean when we talked LCD) to give information like battery life and space on disk. It could take microSD's--but in light of the need for ruggedness, instead of just popping in and out, make it something that takes a screwdriver to get access to.

Machine it out of aluminum billet and it can be light and sturdy. Or make it out of the strongest synthetic rubber over ABS you can find and count on the small weight and retractable lanyard clip to keep it from dashing itself apart on the rocks.

We'll keep the interface simple: a switch to turn it on, and a button to take pictures. Nothing more.

Maybe, if there's demand, we'll make a model that's built in to a lenticular compass.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    Or we could collectively create some sort of highly addictive online mmorpg that we could make money off of. This isn't totally half-baked. Some of us are really good at writing, others are really good at design and illustration and others could handle the technical side. Collectively we have the expertise to do it.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Or we could collectively create some sort of highly addictive online mmorpg that we could make money off of. This isn't totally half-baked. Some of us are really good at writing, others are really good at design and illustration and others could handle the technical side. Collectively we have the expertise to do it.
    Well, yeah ... but I mean ... what are the REST of you/us going to do? :|

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    A half baked modification: not a game, a place to visit that satisfies those certain somethings the world often makes difficult to find. No, I'm not talking about that - though there would be a lot more money in it if I were.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I've got two!

First: powdered oil! (I have no idea how to reconstitute it).

Second: Air injection tattoo gun. To make it really snazzy we can mount it as a programmable tool on a massive multi-axis CNC machine. Tool setups would be tricky, and flinching would destroy the image because the machine would have no fucks to give.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    I've got two!

First: powdered oil! (I have no idea how to reconstitute it).
    douchey molecular gastronomy places have been kind of doing this for a while. mix some olive oil with a shit ton of maltodextrin and you get :

objective-means-purpose wise fool's Avatar
    Type
    iNxx
    Stalker: an app just like Tinder, but gives pinpoint accuracy of all users on a map. BOOM