Thread: Getting Your Groupon

Type
    INTP

Getting Your Groupon

Clearly, I don't want to get any work done this evening. Anyway, I was wondering do you use Groupon or Amazon Local or any other such site? If so, how often and for what?

Do you ever have a problem of not using offers in the special timeframe? I generally buy something like maybe a day or two before the time I know I'm supposed to be meeting someone and then suggest that place. Sometimes I'll see something really cool or a deal too good to pass up and grab but then have to scramble to find someone to go w/me before time is up, which seemed totally mind blowing to me despite the INTP tendencies to be a loner and not get things done.

I was a bit reluctant to try at first but I have to say I've had no negative issues. Got to try a few places I've never been that had decent food but overall I've not been overly adventurous. Like, I do know someone who used it for a trip to a foreign country. Not sure I'd try that. I tend to look at a place, check the Yelp reviews and then pull the trigger. Just wondering what your experiences have been and what you'd recommend???

Type
    INfj
    I've not tried it myself but two very different experiences with Groupon have come to my attention lately:
    1) bad experience - a friend of my aunt's tried to use a 'free month of karate lessons' coupon. What wasn't made clear was that you had to pay for 11 months upfront and you would get a year. Almost to the level of cell phone companies, that one.
    2) good experience - my bf's mom got a groupon for an all-you-can-eat curry buffet at an Indian place for $15. For two people. The 'catch' was that you had to come in during their off-hours. They both have weird circadian rhythms anyway, so it was no problem to go at 2pm on a Tuesday and gorge themselves on quality Indian food for $7.50 apiece.
    Empty your mind. Be formless. Shapeless. Like water. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

Type
    INTP
    I've used them for massages, craniosacral therapy, things like that.
    Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that a problem.