Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: I need to mellow out.

  1. #1
    Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Desolation Row
    Posts
    3,942

    I need to mellow out.

    I'm just really horny. Walking around the city today proves this. Horniness is easy to confuse with other things, I think.

    Still, the art museum and the board game meetup group was fun.

  2. #2
    a cantori Perdix's Avatar
    Type
    INTj
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    the deep end
    Posts
    2,436
    Drink some beer, find a girl, drink some beer with said girl... Not too much, though.

    Are meetup groups a good way to meet cool people?

  3. #3
    Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    San Francisco, New California Republic
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Are meetup groups a good way to meet cool people?
    They seem to be, at least in the Bay Area. I run one for hackers and it's definitely been a fun mix of people. They range from nearly antisocial computer geek types to extroverted "I'm just here because it's a Meetup and I like meeting new people!" types who nothing about the subject.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

    "When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

    David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

  4. #4
    a cantori Perdix's Avatar
    Type
    INTj
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    the deep end
    Posts
    2,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Osito Polar View Post
    They seem to be, at least in the Bay Area. I run one for hackers and it's definitely been a fun mix of people. They range from nearly antisocial computer geek types to extroverted "I'm just here because it's a Meetup and I like meeting new people!" types who nothing about the subject.
    , that sounds like a perfect mix! Do the geeks act as teachers and the extroverts as "students"? What type of hacking do you guys do, software or hardware?

  5. #5
    Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    San Francisco, New California Republic
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    , that sounds like a perfect mix! Do the geeks act as teachers and the extroverts as "students"? What type of hacking do you guys do, software or hardware?
    Yes! The geeks have tended to be good teachers. I think it's a good environment for Introverts because people tend to ask questions about things they know a lot about. We do civic hacking, hardware hacking (Arduinos, console modding) and software hacking. The group as a whole tends to be more software hacking types. They were really into game programming, Java, Javascript (node.js) and Clojure.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

    "When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

    David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

  6. #6
    dormant jigglypuff's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    zone 10a
    Posts
    5,619
    i've been to a few gardening and chicken meetups but i never feel like i'm the "type" for any of these things. that's ok cuz that's not the point for me. i don't go to make friends, but to learn.

    it would seem strange that i'm not a part of any primarily "creative" groups, but that's because i'm used to doing creative stuff alone and tend to completely shut down around other people.

    experiences with meetup might make an interesting thread.

  7. #7
    Global Moderator Polemarch's Avatar
    Type
    ENTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,494
    I run a meetup group. There are over 700 members, but the number of truly active members is significantly smaller. It isn't themed - it's basically a 20's and 30's social group. We have a lot of cool people. Everyone seems to have a good time, and most of them come back for future events. Some of these people have become friends, and others I just see at events - but either way, it's been a good thing.
    We didn't land on Plymouth Rock. Plymouth Rock landed on us.

  8. #8
    Member
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    gone
    Posts
    920
    Quote Originally Posted by Polemarch View Post
    I run a meetup group. There are over 700 members, but the number of truly active members is significantly smaller. It isn't themed - it's basically a 20's and 30's social group. We have a lot of cool people. Everyone seems to have a good time, and most of them come back for future events. Some of these people have become friends, and others I just see at events - but either way, it's been a good thing.
    When I first read this, I thought, how does an introvert do such a thing--really scary! Then, I remembered you're an ENTP.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •