Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well..This is awkward.

Type
    INTP

Well..This is awkward.

Ok. This is how the story went: I went to INTPc, all happy and shit, created this kind of thread, chatted with someone about something and only after I don't even know how many hours, only then, I notice that there's..seven users online. What?
    Anyways..Since I figured there will not be a lot of people to discuss stuff with, I hope I did a good thing by jumping in this train. Well, at least I got the nickname I wanted..Because of reasons.
    Right. I suppose I should say something about myself. Yeah. So..
    I write prose, in two years I'll be a journalist, even if I definitely dislike most journalists and media.
    The only poet I like and fell in love at the first sight is Allen Ginsberg.
    I think that Machiavelli was a clever man.
    In future I see myself as a philosophy teacher at uni and/or a writer.
    I think too much. Sometimes I even talk too much - when I get my hands on a cup of very strong, very sweet coffee.
    I live in East Europe.
    I like stuff.
    I get bored easily.
    Yeah.
    So, that's it. Hi.
    Spoiler:

Type
    ENTP
    Welcome to the site. Yeah, that other place is a ghost town now.
    We didn't land on Plymouth Rock. Plymouth Rock landed on us.

Type
    INTP
    Thanks! Yeah, I've noticed a bit too late.

Type
    xxxx
    Why do you think Machiavelli was a clever man?

Sysop
    Type
    INTP
    Hey, welcome aboard! I'm glad you found your way over.

Type
    INTP
    Do you think he was not?
    I'm not sure how to answer to your question. Or at least answer to it so, that people, who'd read it, wouldn't freak out thinking there's another Hitler sitting behind the screen.
    I simply find his thoughts sort of fascinating even. If a normal leader (not Napoleon, Stalin, Hitler, who, as far as I know, were almost sleeping with M's book under their pillows), maybe a rebel, somebody, who'd like a change and have had enough of their governments bullshit, took his ideas, 'digested' them so they could be used without causing a lot of harm to ordinary people, that person could make a great change for everybody. If someone's going against some ethics, morals, it doesn't necessarily mean he/she is a bad person. But tell me if I'm getting your question wrong. I'd like to hear an opposite opinion, actually.

Ptah - thank you!

Sysop
    Type
    INTP
    Oh, by the way...

In future I see myself as a philosophy teacher at uni and/or a writer.
    ... from that, perhaps one or both of these threads may be of interest to you (to read and/or contribute to)? Perhaps not.

The Teacher's Dilemma?

Fixing Philosophy

Regardless, enjoy your visit(s).

Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit. View Post
    Do you think he was not?
    I'm not sure how to answer to your question. Or at least answer to it so, that people, who'd read it, wouldn't freak out thinking there's another Hitler sitting behind the screen.
    I simply find his thoughts sort of fascinating even. If a normal leader (not Napoleon, Stalin, Hitler, who, as far as I know, were almost sleeping with M's book under their pillows), maybe a rebel, somebody, who'd like a change and have had enough of their governments bullshit, took his ideas, 'digested' them so they could be used without causing a lot of harm to ordinary people, that person could make a great change for everybody. If someone's going against some ethics, morals, it doesn't necessarily mean he/she is a bad person. But tell me if I'm getting your question wrong. I'd like to hear an opposite opinion, actually.
    I think you contradict yourself. You say it could be used against governments in a harmless way but then you say that immoral actions don't imply immoral character? I've never read The Prince, and I've only met one person who has, and while he said it was intriguing he couldn't really admit to endorsing it. It just doesn't make sense to me how that moral theory could do anything but dissipate in its application.

Type
    INTP
    Welcome.

The thing to remember about Machiavelli is that he wrote "The Prince" because he was trying to save his ass (arse). Definitely, there's useful stuff in that book, but it shouldn't be taken alone--negotiation and power plays require more sophistication these days. This is a good place--INTPc is moribund.

Type
    INFP
    hello why is your name Bandit.?