Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nightmare Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    The basic job I do isn't that much different, but the working conditions are so much better, and the management much more hands off. Anyway, I hope you know that some good came of your time there, in that you provide me with a source of gratitude, knowing it could be so much worse.
    Not all was lost, my body transformed into a beam of pure ecstacy the first day I didn't have to go in. Best it feels so good when I stop situation ever.
    Last edited by flurps; 04-18-2014 at 03:50 AM.

Type
    IXXP
    Working cattle.
    Branding, de-horning, castrating, and vaccinating.
    Dirty, shitty, pissy, bloody, bruising work on creatures scared out of their skin by it all and bent on escaping by any means possible.

Senior Member Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    infj
    I'm not convinced there's anything else. There's a reason it's called a job.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    worked at a gourmet hamburger restaurant that was one of my favs til i got a job there. manager would yell at me in front of customers and during the busy lunch hour i'd be expected to match every order with every face in an endless line of mostly college students since i was the only person working in the front. i got fired for giving somebody extra fries.
    The most beautiful paintings in existence today are the ones which were not painted by anyone.

Type
    INTj
    High-school was the shittiest experience of my life. It was a job, except instead of getting fired I would've been dragged to court if I didn't show up.

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    High-school was the shittiest experience of my life. It was a job, except instead of getting fired I would've been dragged to court if I didn't show up.
    Same. What school did you go to? I went to Mitchell.
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

Type
    INTj
    Quote Originally Posted by latch View Post
    I'd prefer not to say, recently graduating and all...

Type
    INFP
    Clerk at K-mart. I've been a labor ready garbage man, etc but nothing was worse than that place. It just got to a point where I'd ask the customer "how much do you think this costs?" rather than do another price check while being glowered at by a six year old in a fucking stroller. I'd rather die than work mass retail ever again.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by latch View Post
    Did you know Joe Don Baker?

Type
    INTP
    Collating books in a publishing house sucked pretty bad. We mostly published planners, agendas, things of that nature. So they would typically be printed by section: calendar section, notes section, etc. My job was to combine these sections, by laying them atop one another, and to then pass them off to be bound. So I stood at this table for ten hours a day with four or five stacks of planner sections stacking them on one another. My favorite days were the days when I got trash duty and had to go around collecting all the garbage to throw in the dumpsters out back. The only good thing about that job were (most of) my coworkers.